Decorating By odish Updated 1 Oct 2010 , 10:41pm by madgeowens

odish Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there
This might be a really obvious question but I am going to ask it anyway! Is there a machine you guys use to roll out your fondant. I have seen "Cake Boss" and he uses what looks like a pasta machine but is that just for large commercial/wedding cake use or is there a "home version". Or am I lazy?!

4 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 5

Buddy uses a commercial sheeter. Depending on the width it will roll, it costs between $3000 and $5000 USD.

Very few people on CC have/use sheeters because of the expense and the amount of space dedicated for use.


odish Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 10:27pm
post #3 of 5

Wow that really is something. So I'll hang on to my rolling pins and Roll out mats! Nothing else in between is there or just practice practice practice?!

BlakesCakes Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 10:40pm
post #4 of 5

There are clay conditioning rolling machines that are cheaper, between $600 and $1000 USD, but again, fairly expensive and large.

I use "perfection strips" when I roll. They're 18-20" long strip pairs that vary in thickness from 1/16th inch to 1/4th inch. I roll between 2 same sized strips and it works very well for even thickness fondant. If you can't get these exact items, you can get long wooden or metal strip fromt he hardware store and get the same result. I like these because they're easy to clean and lightweight.


madgeowens Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 10:41pm
post #5 of 5

I wish they had one about three feet by three feet....icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%