Mini 3D Bear Pan...help...

Baking By 2txmedics Updated 1 Oct 2010 , 8:50pm by 2txmedics

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 1:09pm
post #1 of 7

I was told this works better with choc. cake or pound, which I have neither at the moment and would like to do this 3D bear cake...

I read somewhere that you can put pudding into a cake to make it dense? anyone know? Need help...Will regular cake be ok for a mini 3D bear pan?
will it hold up???

6 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 7

If you use regular cake, it will be very delicate and the head can come off... a good thing at Halloween, but unnerving at other times. BTDT LOL
If you use cake mixes, try the WASC; if a scratch baker look for the scratch WASC thread.

nicky911 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicky911 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 7

I used regular cake mix..it was chocolate mind you. I just really made sure that the pan was really coated so it didnt stick...good luck.

7yyrt Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 7

My fellow's head came off when I was icing him... of course, I could just have been a little too heavy-handed.

Welcome to CC, nicky911

nicky911 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicky911 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 7

Oh no!!! I did mine with the drop stars so there was no pressure applied..thats too bad. Well thats the good thing about cake, it tastes the same no matter what shape it is in.

7yyrt Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 6:15pm
post #6 of 7

chuckle
It was fine, I just turned him into a murder victim.

(It was for my nephew who likes mysteries, anyway; so it worked out!)

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 8:50pm
post #7 of 7

lol, headless Picachu...oh no!!!! so Im going to try a cake mix box, says to put pudding into it to make dense, and milk, crisco, eggs...so here I go...

also how many ppl does the mini bear feed? and the reg. size bear pan?? curious.

thanks...when Im done Ill post it....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%