Duff Buttercream & Duff Fondant?

Decorating By Babarooskie Updated 1 Oct 2010 , 7:36pm by madgeowens

Babarooskie Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 12:43pm
post #1 of 4

I'm not sure if there was a topic about this already....BUT, has anyone tried the Duff buttercream or Duff fondant? If so, what's the verdict??

Is it work the $20 for a 2 lb bucket?

3 replies
emrldsky Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babarooskie

I'm not sure if there was a topic about this already....BUT, has anyone tried the Duff buttercream or Duff fondant? If so, what's the verdict??

Is it work the $20 for a 2 lb bucket?

The fondant I got of his from Michaels was off-white, not white-white, which annoyed me. It was greasy too. I'm glad I used my 40% coupon to buy it, though. icon_smile.gif

Not sure about the buttercream, however I think the colors are Americolor or similar. They're very vibrant.

HTH!

julesh268 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 4

I just tried the Duffs fondont because I was feeling lazy and didn't want to make mmf. icon_redface.gif It was off white like mentioned, but I planned on coloring it so that was fine. It was very easy to work with. Absolutely no tearing at all. The taste....um....yuck. Not as bad as Wilton's fondont, but pretty close. I didn't care for it. I also bought it with a 50% off coupon so it was worth trying for me.

The cake I did is the yellow/pink flower cake in my photos if you want to look at how the fondont looks on a cake.

madgeowens Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 4

Wiltons fondant has changed......its great to work with and tastes so much better I was amazed icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%