Cupcakes Coming Away From The Wrappers

Baking By Cocobongo Updated 4 Oct 2010 , 3:51pm by mommakabob

Cocobongo Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 6

Argh, I've just done a batch of gluten free choc cupcakes and all of them came away from the wrappers. Why does this happen. When I do my usual recipe, a few come away, without fail, but this was every single one.

Could it be any of these reasons:

Not cooking long enough... I cooked for 25 mins at 140 degrees (fan assisted)
Taking out of the pan before they cooled... am I meant to leave them in the muffin tin until compeltely cool?
Rubbish wrappers (they were just standard supermarket white wrappers)

Any other ideas?

These were just test ones so not needing to re-do them but it's frustrating anyway.

Many thanks icon_smile.gif

5 replies
GRAMSB123 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 12:55pm
post #2 of 6

I know what you are saying. I have been having the same problem. I thought it might have been because the wrappers are now trying to be greaseproof and as a result the cupcakes aren't sticking to the paper but if these are just plain paper cupcake liners I don't know. Let me know if you find out anything.

mommakabob Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 6

Ughh i have the same problem! I've been told it's the new wrappers as well, but I'm not so sure either

MariaK38 Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 6

I've had the same issues, and they were corrected by always using Reynolds white liners. For some reason, I get very few that pull away now. You can get them at the grocery or at GFS in a package of 500.
If I want some color, I'll pop the cupcake, white liner and all, in another color liner when I'm setting up.
Good luck to you!

SweetDreamsBoutique Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 6

do they pull away as soon as they've cooled or after you have stored them? how are you storing them?

mommakabob Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 6

Good idea MariaK38, thanks for the suggestion!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%