How Do I Transfer An Image?

Decorating By SweetsbyLadawn Updated 1 Oct 2010 , 1:43pm by 2txmedics

SweetsbyLadawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetsbyLadawn Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 4

I have the uc bearcats claw and need to ge it on the top of a cake and dont have a projector. Plaese help.

3 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 4

I print images up on paper to the size I need, place on (cold) cake and outline with a straight pin or toothpic then decorate the image. HTH

dnrlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dnrlee Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 1:31pm
post #3 of 4

I did a frozen buttercream transfer last week and it worked like a charm! Here's the how-to link.

http://cakecentral.com/articles/73/how-to-create-a-frozen-buttercream-transfer

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 1:43pm
post #4 of 4

For me that was one of the hardest things for some reason EVEN with the link on how too!!! lol duhhhhh cake dummy is what I am, and not referring to the cake dummies we use for cakes! lol

What I did was used my computer found an image I wanted, EXAMPLE: My Lighting Mc Queen Car, Boxer cake, and Horse cake

Then I printed it mirrored, you need to NOT forget that part!!! and then I got a cookie sheet, taped it on there, then I got wax paper, taped that over the pic...sprayed cooking spray and then I traced it with my BC detailed the outline in black...gives it more definition. let it dry some.

Then I started to fill it in...I even smoothed it with my fingers to make it fill in and thinner, smoother...used toothpicks to get icing into the corners of the image...let it dry in refrig. for 20mins...and then I put icing spread on the back of it in the color of the cake...back in refrig 20mins or so...until I was ready for the cake...took it out...layed it on the cake....and gently smoothed over my cake, pull the wax paper off SLOWLY...the spray is so it doesnt stick. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%