Hello cookie makers!
As the first (and sadly, only) poster of the September theme Bonniebakes got to choose for the month of October. I know Fall time is busy, and I wanted to choose a theme that wasnt Halloween, since so many of us would be doing Halloween cookies anyway, but one that would be do-able with everyones busy schedule. And, I was inspired by some recent pictures I saw. So, heres what I thought might be fun.The October 2010 Cookie Club theme is"non-Halloween cookies you can make using Halloween cutters." That means that ANY cookies you make related to that theme fits but leave out the Halloween themed creations for this month. Have fun creating!!!
Just to refresh your memory (and for any new members), here are the "guidelines" for the cookie club posts (based on Cake_Princess' original post from a few years ago):
*Anyone can join us any month they choose! We love to have new members! This isnt a contest, just a way to share ideas, be creative, and learn new things related to cookies!!
* The group consensus was that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). Meaning if you have a previous pictures of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme, please do not use them for your entry in the cookie club. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing.
* Please post pictures in this thread (Do not create a separate thread for your pictures). ** in cases where there are technical difficulties with the CC site, it is OK to post your pictures in your photos on CC and put the link in the thread.
* Please wait to post monthly theme cookies to your personal album/ cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired (the end of the month). I know you are anxious for everyone to see your cookies in your album, but keeping the monthly theme creations in only the thread for the entire month helps to increase traffic to the cookie club thread, which will help to keep it going and hopefully get more people interested in taking part. When the month is over, please feel free to post as many pictures as you wish to the galleries. We do love to see pictures!!
* Feel free to use any edible medium to decorate your cookies - fondant, royal icing, butter cream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating (so no play-doh!). In your post, please let us know about your creation the type of cookie, the medium you used to decorate your cookies, any techniques that you used, etc.
* The purpose of choosing a monthly theme is to have a central theme for everyone participating to follow in order to allow us an opportunity to be creative, try new things, and learn from each other. Please try to follow the monthly theme. If the design choice is not obvious, please let us know why you chose the design you did (for example, if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera > music).
* The theme is chosen at the beginning of each month by the first person to post a picture the previous month. That person should PM Bonniebakes with your theme choice before the month is over so that the new thread can be started on the 1st of the month (or within a day or two from the 1st).
Happy Baking, everyone! I cant wait to see the results!!
What a great idea!! Topics like this certainly lend themselves to creativity!!! Thanks Bonnie!
I actually have cookie orders this month, and of couse halloween! So i look forward to hopefully being able to join in this month.
Great idea on the theme, definitely get some creativity flowing!
Cool idea, Bonnie! Did you all see the awesome cookies in September's CC Magazine? They were very ornate birdcages made from the gravestone cutter.
oh, good! I was hoping people would think this idea was OK!
I did see those beautiful bird cages. And between that and hearing about a cookie "challenge" that took place recently where the participants were all give a cookie the same shape and they decorated them any way they wanted, this idea popped into my head.
I also figured this way, we could just cut a few extra cookies of the shapes we are already cutting so there isn't as much extra work to do, and then we get the chance to really be creative.
Ooooh! I may actually be first this month!
I quickly did a crown using a bat cutter and an ice cream sundae using a gravestone cutter. Not my best work, but I'm in a hurry!
Aaargh! I cannot get the pics to attach. They are within the size limits and the right types of files... not sure why they are not uploading.
Can you just post them into your gallery like you did your belated September ones! Which were great, by the way!
oh no! If you can't post them in this thread, I think you should go ahead and post them to your photos. Then put a link here.
Okay, here are the links:
Don't know why I can't get pics to post tonight. Sorry!!!
They look great endymion!!
They both turned out great! I would never have seen either of those in the cutters. Very creative!
I LOOOOOOOOVE the sundae!!!! The crown is great, too, and I'm glad to know that we're allowed to cut parts off of the original cutout.
Thanks, JGMB. I don't know if we were "allowed" to cut off parts or not... I just did!
endymion - great job!! I love them!!
Endy that sundae is just adorable
Thanks, everybody! The little straw was my favorite part (and it's not even part of the actual cookie...)
The Rubik's cube from last month turned my family's mouths all black -- not a very attractive look!
I loved the sundae cookie to pieces! The straw was such a cute accent, and I loved the depth and details you put into the cookie. Simply wonderful.
Thanks... can't wait to see yours! (And everybody else's!) The month is 1/3 over -- hope others are also baking this month!
I used a pumpkin cutter and the lid to some sugar pearls to make Cinderella's carriage. I think it'd be a fun wedding cookie. I put my parents' initials on it for fun.
Okay, photos still aren't loading. I put it in my pics.
The Cinderella carriage can't have disappeared already, it's not past midnight yet! But, there's no photo attached. How about putting it in your gallery so we can enjoy it? Thanks!
Hahaha! Okay, I put it in my photos.
Oops! I was trying to add a better picture of my cookie and I somehow deleted the whole thing. I had to upload it again. Here it is:
endymion, those are fantastic! That sundae is a very clever use of the tombstone cutter!
letsgetcaking, those are adorable!
Great job you two!
That carriage is so beautiful! It looks so elegant. Great new use for the pumpkin cutter!
that carriage is beautiful!!
I love turning the bat into the crown. I don't have a crown cookie cutter, and now I don't have to buy one!
Yeah, if we can turn a haunted house into a castle and a witch into Cinderella, we'll have an entire girly theme party from some Halloween cookie cutters!
Wonderful little carriage!
Thanks, guys. Endymion, now that's an idea! One set of cutters for Halloween AND a princess party! I love it!
Here's my attempt ...
Its supposed to be a kid in a coat! If I would have saved more of the ghosts to make I think it would have made a good jester!