Decorating By mookamoo Updated 5 Oct 2010 , 11:03pm by TrixieTreats

mookamoo Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 11:24pm
post #1 of 6

I have a request for this wedding cake

What she wants....Flavor-Hummingbird Cake
4 tiers- only need 3 real cake layers
For around 100 people

My Business Pricing ...   

All cakes are designed and priced on an individual basis. The price of each custom cake depends on how much time and detail that the cake requires.
$100 Minimum on all Cakes
Cake Pricing
Cakes can range from $4.00 to $7.00 per serving depending on detail and complexity of design.
Custom gum paste decorations (detailed 3D flowers, characters, animals, and other detailed work) may be priced separately due to the complexity of the design.)

I have not done anything like this...What kind of work/hours do you think petals like this would take?
I don't want to over or under price. I will have to practice but I would like to master this for her cake.
Thank you,

5 replies
Motta Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 1:24am
post #2 of 6

The link isn't working...only goes to Google mail login. Taht's why you're not getting any advice. Try posting the link again???

mookamoo Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 8:59am
post #3 of 6

does that link work? It wont let me upload it here for some reason?

wespam Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 11:09am
post #4 of 6

Jamie I would probably send her or tell her your cake pricing info that you have written below your question and then wait for her response to see if this is in her budget. That certainly gives her the price range for the cake. If she is still interested I would call her in for a consulation and price the petals at an additional fee over the base price of her cake, flavor etc. I personally don't like to give an exact quote until I sit down and talk with my bride. You never know what they have on their minds when they just ask for a quote. Pam from Bama

mookamoo Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 10:43pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you for your reply. She saw my pricing info and wants a quote.

TrixieTreats Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 11:03pm
post #6 of 6

Looking at it, it looks like it may be similar to making about 6 or so gumpaste roses, with one large flower and the rest of the petals placed in a cascading manner. I think you should factor that into the price. Maybe similar to what you might charge for a cake that would include a bundle or of 6 or 7 gumpaste roses or even a small cascade of roses??? Beautiful cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%