In Your Opinion...

Baking By caked4life Updated 4 Oct 2010 , 1:29am by caked4life

caked4life Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 3

If you have used WASC, is it the ABSOLUTE BEST doctored cake recipe you've used? If not, what is?

Thanks

2 replies
AnnieCahill Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 10:27am
post #2 of 3

Truthfully I like the original WASC better than the Rebecca Sutterby WASC (the one with oil). The RS version, for me anyway, is almost too moist/wet and I always get gummy tops. Those are the only two "official" doctored recipes I have tried. Previously, I would add a box of pudding, an extra egg, and replace the water with whole milk. It was good, but I didn't like the way the pudding made the cake. I am thinking of trying the super enhanced version and I'll let you know what I think when I try it!

caked4life Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 1:29am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill

Truthfully I like the original WASC better than the Rebecca Sutterby WASC (the one with oil). The RS version, for me anyway, is almost too moist/wet and I always get gummy tops. Those are the only two "official" doctored recipes I have tried. Previously, I would add a box of pudding, an extra egg, and replace the water with whole milk. It was good, but I didn't like the way the pudding made the cake. I am thinking of trying the super enhanced version and I'll let you know what I think when I try it!

Thanks AnnieCahill! I'll look forward to hearing your experience with the super enhanced version! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%