Frosting & Filling To Pair With Pumpkin Chocolate Chip C

Baking By StephanieLynn Updated 30 Sep 2010 , 3:55pm by cakecraft

StephanieLynn Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 6

I need frosting and filling ideas to pair with a pumpking chocolate chip cake for a wedding cake. The wedding will be outdoors, so I need something that will remain stable. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!! TIA

5 replies
cakecraft Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 6

You could go with a chocolate ganache...or you could do a lighter complimentary taste, like a vanilla or cinnamon or maple buttercream (I think maple is lovely with pumpkin!)

matthewkyrankelly Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 6

I was just thinking - my grandmother always put toasted coconut and whipped cream on her pumpkin pies. It was delicious and a fond childhood memory.

So then, I thought about making the German chocolate cake frosting with toasted coconut and using that as a filling. I would test it, but the flavors seem like they would work well and be a pleasant surprise! I would pair it with a traditional buttercream or a cream cheese buttercream frosting.

I think I'm going to try this!

cakecraft Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:28pm
post #4 of 6

You could go with a chocolate ganache...or you could do a lighter complimentary taste, like a vanilla or cinnamon or maple buttercream (I think maple is lovely with pumpkin!)

cakecraft Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:33pm
post #5 of 6

cakecraft Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 3:55pm
post #6 of 6

Wow! Not sure why that posted 3 times, I wasn't THAT committed to those ideas, lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%