Newbie Here :)

Decorating By Jengo Updated 4 Oct 2010 , 3:57am by Apti

Jengo Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 5:00am
post #1 of 9

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jennifer. I am making my daughters first birthday cake for her party this weekend. This will be my first attempt ever to make a cake with fondant on top and homemade decorations. I hope to continue making cakes and will use this site as a wonderful tool to help me. Thank you for everyone that contributes to make this site the best!

8 replies
JanH Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 5:41am
post #2 of 9

Hi and Welcome to CC, Jengo. icon_biggrin.gif

Everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

Above super thread has popular CC recipes for American buttercreams, several types of fondant and doctored cake mix (WASC with flavor variations) - and so much more!

Apti Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 9

Welcome Jengo! You will LOVE this site, it will give you so many hours of joy and information!

Congrats on jumping on the cake band wagon! I'm sure your daughter's first cake will be wonderful.

poohsmomma Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 9

And the best part of your daughter's cake will be that you made it yourself.

Jengo Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 2:06am
post #5 of 9

Thank you for the warm welcome icon_smile.gif
I am attaching 2 pics of my cakes. I made a small 6 inch cake for her birthday on Thursday and a 2 tiered 10 inc and 8 inch cake for her party on Saturday.
The 2 tiered gave me some problems,but I'm sure I'll learn how to correct them from this site icon_smile.gif

Jengo Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 2:08am
post #6 of 9

Retrying cakes
Hummm I can't post them as an attachment. Guess I'll try and see where I can post it

Apti Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 4:05am
post #7 of 9

They are having problems posting pictures on CC. Is the Tigger cake in your photos your cake? It is beeeee-uuuuu-teeeee-ful !

Jengo Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 5:07pm
post #8 of 9

yes the tigger cake is my cake. That is my second time working with fondant as I made a 6 inch cake on the 30th for my daughters first birthday. The Winnie the Pooh cake was much harder though.

Apti Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:57am
post #9 of 9

Fabulous work for your second time with fondant--you are a natural at cake decorating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%