How Do You Store Your Stuff Like Tips, Colours, Cutters And

Baking By CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Updated 1 Oct 2010 , 10:49pm by CookieCrazy_grozzie11

CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 9:47am
post #1 of 7

Hi all,

as I begin yet another tidy up of my now cookie room, once a guest room I wonder how I can make this all look neat and tidy and be functional????

I have drilled non rusting screws into a board for my tips, have containers for my couplers and a drawer trolley for my cello bags, labels, markers, disposable piping bags.

I have trouble with all different sized icing containers that I use for the different colours, as I always have at least 4 on the go at once.

So, I am interested to hear how you do yours??? Alllllll tips are welcome..

Oh yeah, and today I purchased a kopykake 1000, but not sure how long it will take to get to sydney. cant wait... thanks to all those who posted their thoughts on them.

6 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 12:55pm
post #2 of 7

grozzie - I use plastic tupperware-like containers for my icing. I mix up a batch, then separate it into smaller containers and color it, then store them there while I use them to decorate the cookies. I have probably 10 containers the same size so that I can have a lot of colors at once. Since they are all the same size, the stack nicely inside of each other when not in use.

As for tips - I have one of those plastic tip containers that I use only for my "cookie" tips and couplers that I use.

CookiesinLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiesinLA Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 3:04am
post #3 of 7

I use a 4 ft. square peg board with 8" hooks to hang up my cutters - each hook having similar cutters, like one for letter cutters, one for Halloween cutters, several for animal cutters, etc... you can put a label near the hooks so you don't forget what's where.

CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 12:22pm
post #4 of 7

Thank You both for your feedback, its appreciated that you took the time to answer.

Do you both use shelves filled with containers to hold your colour/ sprinkles, and all the other bits n pieces?

I am thinking of stacking my colours on a pantry 3 tier shelf type of thing so I dont have to keep rummaging all the time. Luckily we not long did renovations, and now I have taken over the spare room and made it my cookie decorating room... and I love not having to pack every little thing away each nite.

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 7

For my cutters, I got one of those closet organizers with clear plastic pockets. You can see the cutters and the pocket helps keep the dust off them.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 1:18pm
post #6 of 7

I have my cookie cutters in clear plastic shoe boxes, sorted according to theme (animals, summer shapes, geometric shapes, nature, etc.).

I keep jars and bottles of sprinkles, nonpareils, etc. in one of those plastics 3-drawer containers. Again, with labels on the outside so I know which drawer to pen for what I want.

CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 10:49pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks again, more good tips.

The clear shoe boxes sound great for my spot. thanks... I didnt want to have to dust them !

I love this forum and all you guys that help !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%