How Do You Store Your Stuff Like Tips, Colours, Cutters And

Baking By CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Updated 1 Oct 2010 , 10:49pm by CookieCrazy_grozzie11

CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 9:47am
post #1 of 7

Hi all,

as I begin yet another tidy up of my now cookie room, once a guest room I wonder how I can make this all look neat and tidy and be functional????

I have drilled non rusting screws into a board for my tips, have containers for my couplers and a drawer trolley for my cello bags, labels, markers, disposable piping bags.

I have trouble with all different sized icing containers that I use for the different colours, as I always have at least 4 on the go at once.

So, I am interested to hear how you do yours??? Alllllll tips are welcome..

Oh yeah, and today I purchased a kopykake 1000, but not sure how long it will take to get to sydney. cant wait... thanks to all those who posted their thoughts on them.

6 replies
bonniebakes Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 12:55pm
post #2 of 7

grozzie - I use plastic tupperware-like containers for my icing. I mix up a batch, then separate it into smaller containers and color it, then store them there while I use them to decorate the cookies. I have probably 10 containers the same size so that I can have a lot of colors at once. Since they are all the same size, the stack nicely inside of each other when not in use.

As for tips - I have one of those plastic tip containers that I use only for my "cookie" tips and couplers that I use.

CookiesinLA Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 3:04am
post #3 of 7

I use a 4 ft. square peg board with 8" hooks to hang up my cutters - each hook having similar cutters, like one for letter cutters, one for Halloween cutters, several for animal cutters, etc... you can put a label near the hooks so you don't forget what's where.

CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 12:22pm
post #4 of 7

Thank You both for your feedback, its appreciated that you took the time to answer.

Do you both use shelves filled with containers to hold your colour/ sprinkles, and all the other bits n pieces?

I am thinking of stacking my colours on a pantry 3 tier shelf type of thing so I dont have to keep rummaging all the time. Luckily we not long did renovations, and now I have taken over the spare room and made it my cookie decorating room... and I love not having to pack every little thing away each nite.

endymion Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 7

For my cutters, I got one of those closet organizers with clear plastic pockets. You can see the cutters and the pocket helps keep the dust off them.

bonniebakes Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 1:18pm
post #6 of 7

I have my cookie cutters in clear plastic shoe boxes, sorted according to theme (animals, summer shapes, geometric shapes, nature, etc.).

I keep jars and bottles of sprinkles, nonpareils, etc. in one of those plastics 3-drawer containers. Again, with labels on the outside so I know which drawer to pen for what I want.

CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 10:49pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks again, more good tips.

The clear shoe boxes sound great for my spot. thanks... I didnt want to have to dust them !

I love this forum and all you guys that help !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%