Ball Gowns For Little Girls

Lounge By campayven Updated 7 Oct 2010 , 2:40pm by mama_amy

campayven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
campayven Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 8:57am
post #1 of 12

I have a daughter who is almost 5. She will be attending a father daughter dance. I would like to order her a really nice gown online. However, all the websites I have found that carry little girl formal/ball gowns are in the UK. Anybody know of a US company online.

11 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 10:37am
post #2 of 12

Try the bridal shops, like David's Bridal. They have flower girl dresses that look like little ball gowns icon_biggrin.gif

You can also google "kids pageant dresses" to find little girls' formal dresses.

Also, depending on how soon you need it, when it gets a little closer to Christmas the regular stores start getting fancy dresses. the last couple years some of the ones at Target and Sears are really formal looking long gowns (which my daughter begs for).

campayven Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 11:41am
post #3 of 12

I have been looking at bridal stores- however most of the dresses are white or ivory and are too BRIDAL or are above $200. My budget is $120 or less. You would not beleive some dresses were about $600 for a size 2T.
I did find this dress though...

http://www.melissabridal.com/flower-girls/a-line-round-neck-floor-length-taffeta-flower-girls-dress-2009-style-fgd0011.html

I think that is the one we are going to end up going for. The dance isnt until April next year- so I still have tons of time to look.

We live overseas so I can not go look in stores. That is why I am looking online. Thanks for the reply!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 12

Ebay stores have some great bridal/wedding stores that cater to just children's attire.I bought a few formal dresses for my daughter from there and the prices were very reasonable and the product was excellent quality.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 12

I don't know if there are resale shops online, but that might be a place to look.

Also if you find a white dress that isn't too bridal in your budget, would it be possible to dye it to a different color?

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 11:42pm
post #6 of 12

One of my friends daughters was to be in a wedding and she recently told me she needed to find a fancy flower girl dress. I told her to seriously check out "Burlington Coat Factory" for really fancy dresses for $29!!! She didn't check except for a last resort and just loved them, and got one for $29, just like I said. Before that she went to all the bridal shops in town and didn't want to pay their prices. Burlington has really nice and fancy and inexpensive little girl's dresses. Good luck!

SugarMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMoon Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 7:48am
post #7 of 12

Check this place out. I was considering it for my daughter, but she's unfortunately past girl sizes now - mygirldress.com

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 6:10pm
post #8 of 12

campayven, just wanted to add that the dress you have picked out has got to be the MOST adorable and amazing dress I have ever seen for a child! I LOVE it!!! It's very modern, but very pretty, and probably wouldn't bug her too much to wear it (some dresses look like they'd be really uncomfortable to wear!

campayven Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 9:36pm
post #9 of 12

THank you KHalstead!!!

My daughter is all about being a princess!! And that dress is jsut that- what a princess would wear! And the price is awsome!

hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 10:16am
post #10 of 12

Just Googling around, I found some things for under $100 that seem like they might be the right idea.

http://www.littlemissprincess.com/girls-dress-up-costumes-for-girls.htm
http://www.nancyaugust.com/princess-dresses.html
http://www.mltailor.com/price/0/200/31/wedding-apparel/flower-girl-dresses.html?page=2&sort=priceasc (a lot of these are too bridal, but there are some nice non-white princessy options too)

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 1:58pm
post #11 of 12

Overstock.com has a few

mama_amy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama_amy Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 2:40pm
post #12 of 12

I'm going to second trying ebay. My parents got my daughter a pageant dress for about $25 a few years ago.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%