Opening Day Ideas?

Business By revel Updated 29 Sep 2010 , 7:18am by EvMarie

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 6:07am
post #1 of 2

We are opening a cupcake shop in the next couple of weeks. I'm looking for opening day ideas. We will be doing cakes and cookies as well.
Is it really worth putting an add in the newspaper? I'll admit i'm being a bit of a tight wad right now and looking for some low cost ideas.
We're not planning a grand opening until Feb 14th.

Thanks!

1 reply
EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 7:18am
post #2 of 2

I've never had a grand opening for a store....but, what about sample sizes of your baked goods. Of course packaging is great...but, taste will have them coming back in droves. So - what about those tart sized mini cupcakes. Same with cookies. I had a charity event, where I used a small wilton fondant cutter as a cookie cutter. I made a small square for the dark chocolate rolled cookie with MMF fondant & I used a small oval for the traditional sugar cookie covered in royal icing. I actually heat sealed each one with a label on the back that had my info. People took them to go.

And, what about a coupon for a future purchase? So...you'd be handing out samples once they get there & coupons to get them coming back.

As far as getting them in the door....I'm not really sure. Are you up on facebook? You can start networking now on facebook & on foot with flyers. Of course, you'd want some sort of build up around the time you plan to open. People may forget your efforts by the time Feb comes around if you start now. The holidays are coming and people get distracted. Maybe concentrate the full blown promoting for January? Maybe somebody else that has done it before would be able to chime in on the timing of your efforts. But, facebook, flyers on foot to local businesses, and an ad in the paper probably would help.

Good Luck to you!!! V-day sounds like a great time to open! Maybe have a deal ready. Like a mini cake for two or a box of cookies.

icon_smile.gif I hope it goes well!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%