Star Wars / Disney Princesses Combined Cake? Help

Decorating By chillysmommy Updated 29 Sep 2010 , 6:32pm by chillysmommy

chillysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chillysmommy Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 1:36am
post #1 of 7

5 year old boy and 3 year old girl's birthdays are only 2 days apart so the mom wants to combine their favorite themes. How do I do this? Needs to serve 50 people. I'd prefer to not use icing images or try to pipe any particular character. Just a simple design that combines the two themes creatively... Oh MY! Anyone?

6 replies
lollyponpon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lollyponpon Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 2:34am
post #2 of 7

as soon as i read this i thought of a cake i came across on here--it was 4 or 5 layers, and each was just the dress of the princess!! for this cake, you could do the cloak of a jedi by just using a draping technique, and then a dress of the little girls fave princess... i'm trying to find the pic now to better explain@
HERE IT IS: http://cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1795138.html

also, if you have an offset cake display you could serve them side by side without them clashing! I can't find the pic i was thinking of for that stand but something like this: http://www.deco-mantone.com/images/stand_2-tier_chrome.jpg just further apart??
anyway-thats just a suggestion to get the ball rolling...

chillysmommy Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 1:00pm
post #3 of 7

thank you for that idea. That princess cake looks great.
I was thinking of using the star wars logo and maybe some of the planes on wires? Trying to decide if the princess theme should go on top or on bottom tier? I like the thought of separating them, but I don't think there will be enough room on their table...

more help?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 1:17pm
post #4 of 7

Chillysmommy,

CC member Sugarchicone has some great cakes in her photos..some which are slab cakes with 2 themes mixed...I think one was Soiderman and Hannah Montana..Very well done..You could do it like that..I'd post it but that function is not working....Maybe PM her and ask for her website as they are all on there!! Love her work!!

chillysmommy Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 7

thanks, I'll check it out.
any other ideas?
Would you say black base for star wars portion and maybe pink for princess portion? or would grey or dark blue be better for star wars base?

Patriciap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Patriciap Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 5:13pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillysmommy

Would you say black base for star wars portion and maybe pink for princess portion? or would grey or dark blue be better for star wars base?

Black would be a bit to much if you ask me, I would go for grey.

chillysmommy Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 6:32pm
post #7 of 7

any more ideas?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%