Need Help With A Recipe Please. . . (Allergies)

Baking By Zamode Updated 29 Sep 2010 , 3:29am by JRAE33

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 1:33am
post #1 of 5

I currently work in a preschool that is peanut-free, there are a few kids will nut allergies. One child doesn't have nut allergies but chocolate and dairy and another has egg allergies. Is there anything I can make so all of the kids can have something? I can't think of a thing! icon_confused.gif

4 replies
Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 1:57am
post #2 of 5

Rice krispie treats??

MJ2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJ2008 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 2:14am
post #3 of 5

Rice Krispie treats have butter so those wouldn't work for kids with dairy allergies.

To cover the dairy and egg allergies, I'd make vegan cupcakes (probably vanilla to keep it simple). Don't add any almond extract. For frosting make a vegan buttercream (shortening and soy milk instead of butter and milk).

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 2:59am
post #4 of 5

You can make Rice Krispie treats with margarine, which (if you select the correct one) is definitely non-dairy.

Sugar cookies can also be made with margarine or shortening.

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 3:29am
post #5 of 5

Food allergies are so hard. I have three kids who all have food allergies, my oldest son is allergic to 13 different foods!! Dairy, eggs, and nuts are in our not to eat list. I agree with a vegan cake and vegan icing. Most margarines do at least contain a dairy enzyme so I wouldn't want to go with rice crispy treats. Unfortunately, my vegan cake is chocolate, so that won't help you. Icing is simple...replace the milk with water, replace butter/margarine with shortening.

Not sure how kids would feel about pineapple upside down cake, but here's a vegan recipe I have tried, I used cinnamon applesauce...my kids I enjoyed this... http://www.food.com/recipe/vegan-pineapple-upside-down-cake-264506

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%