Types Of Fondant

Decorating By leavsag Updated 18 Oct 2010 , 4:54pm by Motorhead

leavsag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leavsag Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 8

I am always looking for a good pre made fondant Ive fell in love w/Albert Uster fondant its just way expensive & am now in need of some chocolate fondant I can't use SI b/c its just to sticky & cracks on me every time I know its all about preferance . I was looking for some input on a good fondant w/ a texture as workable as the Wilton or AU fondant(but not as nasty tasting as Wilton) .Is pettinice an easy one to work with?[/b]

7 replies
jmr531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmr531 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 8

Sorry, I can't comment on Pettinice since I've never used it. However, I like Albert Uster fondant the best out of the brands and homemade ones I've tried also. I've been thinking about how I can stretch out the usage of the tub of Albert Uster fondant and one way that I've been considering is to mix it with a different brand. I've had success in the past with mixing Albert Uster with Satin Ice. If you don't find a suitable replacement, maybe you could consider mixing the fondant with a less expensive one.

TrixieTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrixieTreats Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 8

Fondarific's Chocolate fondant is delicious. Tastes like a Tootsie Roll. Very nice to work with, unlimited work time, stays soft for quite a while.

jmr531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmr531 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 7:47pm
post #4 of 8

Fondarific's chocolate fondant is $65.50 for a 10 lb tub whereas AUI's chocolate fondant is $63.43 for a 13 lb tub. So unfortunately, it doesn't sound like a viable alternative for the OP since he/she is looking for a less expensive brand.

cakecanvass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecanvass Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 8

You might be interested in checking out Creative Cutters ML Sugar paste. It is absolutely terrrrific, it comes in white, ivory and chocolate mmm! It is exceptionally easy to work with and is very forgiving, versatile and modifiable. It can be rolled quite thin so it covers and decorates further. At $36.95 and $40.95 for 11 lbs or 5 kg plus shipping, I am a happy customer.

mimi1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi1218 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 8:51pm
post #6 of 8

I make modeling chocolate/chocolate plastic instead of chocolate fondant. It is very simple to make I use an Allrecipies . com recipe and it only calls for chocolate chips and corn syrup. melt and mix together. Let it sit over night and the next day it's ready. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I find it much easier to work with than fondant, and it is so tasty!

leavsag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leavsag Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 3:54pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks all the post were very helpful . Thank u & happy baking icon_surprised.gif)

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 4:54pm
post #8 of 8

mimi1218
you mentioned a recipie-would you mind posting it for us? i'm also looking to try out new recipies until i find a super fantastic one!! thanking you in advance! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%