Camicakes Cupcakes

Baking By babypooh Updated 29 Sep 2010 , 1:44am by thin4life

babypooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babypooh Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 5

I have a daughter who swears by this new cupcake bakery called Cami Cakes Cupcakes, her red-velvet is to die for, I'm hosting a tea at my home and wanted to order some but I was told by the owner that all of the cupcakes had oil and butter in them? I have a lot of elderly women attending my tea and the oldest proclaimed she did not like oil in her cakes period, I was thinking since they have oil and butter would that make a big difference. This might be a ridiculous question but I would like to order from them because I don't have time and my daughter swears they are really good.

4 replies
Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 5

Are you in Florida? We have a Camicakes here (the first one). I know lots of people rave over the cupcakes. Personally, I have tried them twice and I thought they were greasy. I wonder if it was the oil??? But in any case, personally I wouldn't let one person's tastes dictate everything. Maybe that makes me not very polite...LOL! If you & your daughter like them then you should serve them! Just my opinion icon_smile.gif

babypooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babypooh Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 6:37pm
post #3 of 5

No we are in Atlanta, I have ages in the twenties, and the oldest being 92, and the ones I tasted were oily, not to oily, but I asked the owner about them and she told me that she uses butter to so when I told the 92 year old that they were nice and moist due to the oil, thats when she stated that she doesn't eat cakes with oil in them...thats why I thought since they have butter in them also would that cancel out the oil factor, I'm just trying to please the older attendees....

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 1:29am
post #4 of 5

It's a tea. I expect there to be sweets/baked goods at a tea. That means oil and/or butter. At the most, I would offer one alternative. They can simply eat what you offer, or just sip tea and chat. I don't mean that to sound mean, that's just the way it is. Whatever someone is avoiding or can't have for whatever reason, they just don't partake in that item.

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 1:44am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

It's a tea. I expect there to be sweets/baked goods at a tea. That means oil and/or butter. At the most, I would offer one alternative. They can simply eat what you offer, or just sip tea and chat. I don't mean that to sound mean, that's just the way it is. Whatever someone is avoiding or can't have for whatever reason, they just don't partake in that item.

Ditto

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%