Piping On Ganache

Decorating By lindseylu8 Updated 28 Sep 2010 , 10:54pm by lindseylu8

lindseylu8 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone. I was looking for some advice for piping onto ganace. I want to do some basic henna type piping. I am a newbie to piping so I am thinking of doing the piping gel transfer on wax paper first then going over it w/ BC. Do you all think this would work well on ganache or is freehand recomended?

Thank you in advance icon_smile.gif

3 replies
lindseylu8 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 4

no responses yet but I have another question I forgot to include.

Should I pipe on the ganache after the cake has been cooling in the fridge? Seems like that would be best.

And while Im at it-what temperature do you pour your ganache at to fullly cover a cake. And what temp to get the drizzling look down the sides.

Thanks everyone!

KJ62798 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 9:52pm
post #3 of 4

If you are frosting with ganache, you are not going to pour it. Make a 2part choco to 1 part cream ganache and let it set up overnight at room temp. It will be the consistency of peanut butter and you can frost the cake just like using BC (the fiesta cake & pink dahlia cakes in my gallery were frosted w/ganache).

Smooth it w/a hot knife and then pop it in the fridge. It will get a hard candy shell. You can pipe directly on it w/RI or BC or do a transfer.

If you want to pour ganache so that it drips down the sides, you will need to do a pourable ganache recipe w/more cream. Not sure on the ratio for that. You would still need to seal the cake w/BC or ganache or fondant and then pour to get that drippy effect. I would imagine that the ganache should be a little warm but not hot to work smoothly.

HTH
Kristy

lindseylu8 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 4

thank you for the response & info. I am going to pour the ganache.

My main question is, will a piping gel transfer work well on ganache or is freehand a better idea?

thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%