Husband Had Emergency Surgery Today

Lounge By indydebi Updated 30 Sep 2010 , 3:32am by cakelover25

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 6:05am
post #1 of 15

Hubby went to doctor this morning because of a 3 day pain in his side. Doctor sent him for a CAT and he ended up in surgery having his appendix (sp?) removed. All within 8 hrs. He will probably be released tomorrow afternoon. I was surprised at how good he looked straight out of surgery. Good color (and telling his stupid jokes! I warned the nurses that when he's feeling tired or loopy, he brings out his bad comedy material!)

Between him and school, I may be gone from here for sometime, so if I dont' reply to PM's or emails right away, that's why. Be patient ... I'll get there! thumbs_up.gif

14 replies
Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 6:11am
post #2 of 15

I am so glad to hear of your good outcome. Thank God for a doctor that ordered the proper tests and did not just send him home with pain medicine.

Praying that he is back to normal soon.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 8:46am
post #3 of 15

The new minimally-invasive laparoscopic procedures are so much better than "cutting the gut" of yesteryear. He'll have a much quicker recovery with lots less pain. So glad everything went so well and got done so quickly.

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 10:06am
post #4 of 15

Glad he is doing well now indydebi icon_smile.gif .

Lyndseyb52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyndseyb52 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 10:56am
post #5 of 15

Hi

I'm so glad all ended well, I bet your hubby was in alot of pain! The bad jokes are definately a good sign icon_smile.gif

Lyndsey xx

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 11:18am
post #6 of 15

holy cow! glad they caught it, and that he's doing so well so soon! take care!

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 1:09pm
post #7 of 15

Wishing him a speedy recovery!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 2:53pm
post #8 of 15

Debi, take care of hubby and tell her we hope he feels better soon! I'm glad he caught it before it did rupture!

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 3:23pm
post #9 of 15

I'm so glad they caught the problem, too. I hope for a speedy recovery for your husband and good luck to you both during this time.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 3:45pm
post #10 of 15

So glad to hear that like someone mentioned...they didn't just send him home and say "Take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning"I had emergency Gall Bladder surgery 7 years ago so I now the pain he is in....Also had lathroscopic surgery and felt great in less than a week.

See you around soon!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 8:33pm
post #11 of 15

Just got home and I'm taking just enough computer time to update CC and FB.

The appendix (I know that's spelled wrong! Someone help me out!) had started to rupture. Doctor said it pretty much fell apart in his hands when it was removed. So it was a "just in time" surgery. Phil is home and doing good. Good color. Not much pain. (what everyone said about the 'scopic surgery is so true!)

The only bad thing was our apartment complex is having the lot re-blacktopped and they are doing it in sections. Naturally, the section schedule for today is the area where we usually park, right in front of our door. So I had to park 2 blocks away and he walked to our apartment! But he did very well! A slow walk, but he did great!

Tuesday is my long day at school. I went to my one morning class and skipped the rest of them. If my grades suffer ... not a problem. I'll just hold it over his head forever! icon_lol.gif

Heading out to fix him something to eat. He's hungry! Yay!!

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 8:41pm
post #12 of 15

i hope your husband continues to get better!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 8:46pm
post #13 of 15

Just tell him that the walk was good for him. icon_wink.gif

My nephew's wasn't removed before it ruptured and required a week hospital stay after the drained all the icky fluid out with IV antibiotics, then at home antibiotics, followed by another hospital stay an month later to actually remove the icky organ.

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 9:19pm
post #14 of 15

glad he is doing well...Will say a prayer for you!

cakelover25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelover25 Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 3:32am
post #15 of 15

I'm glad to hear he came thru surgery ok. My hubby had his burst a few years ago and thanks to some not well informed emergency room people, he was sent home with pain meds as they couldn't figure out what caused the pain. He ended up in the hosp 5 days later and stayed for a full week and 2 week rehab at home!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%