Happy Birthday To Me, My Son Got A Cricut For Me Hehehe

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 2 Oct 2010 , 12:38am by UpAt2am

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 1:14am
post #1 of 37

I love it........the key is too stick gumpaste on mat in freezer for 5 or ten minutes. I can't figure out how to cut happy birthday....that key does not work....what am I doing wrong/ Oh and is it suppose to cut the design into the mat???

36 replies
dholdenrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dholdenrn Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 1:27am
post #2 of 37

Yes, it cuts the mat.

madgeowens Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 1:27am
post #3 of 37

oh thank you I was so worried lol

madgeowens Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 1:30am
post #4 of 37

my first try

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 1:33am
post #5 of 37

Happy Birthday Madge! I was wondering if you were going to get your cricut cake...glad you did...now you can let me know how it works. I still haven't taken mine out of the box and it keeps staring at me! icon_eek.gif I think I'm scared of it! icon_redface.gif

The design cuts the mat??? Does that mean it's no good after that?? I guess if I open the box and give it a go I might answer some of my own questions.

Are you going to try SCAL or Make the cut with it? If you do, I'd be happy to hear how that goes.

Again, Happy Birthday! party.gif

madgeowens Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 2:15am
post #6 of 37

Thanks.....I already used it...I have been trying to attach pics but they wont go on....there is a dvd in the box to watch....the only trouble I had was with the positioning of the cutting blade...she has her hand in the way in the dvd so no help there....and the book shows a totally different thing than comes with mine...but I got it....I rolled it thin and put it in freexer for about 10m mins and then it cut great. Later I will try the software...I love it....I can't figure out how to get the fonts to cut...maybe I can find someone in here to clue me in on that.

madgeowens Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 2:24am
post #7 of 37

why can't I get a pic on here grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

srkmilklady Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 2:26am
post #8 of 37

Post it in your photos.

madgeowens Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 2:28am
post #9 of 37

ok, but its just showing the things i cut out not an actual cake lol

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 3:54am
post #11 of 37

Hi Madge Happy Birthday! So glad you got your cricut cake. Your cuts look great. Have fun.
Kathy

madgeowens Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 6:37am
post #12 of 37

Thanks....I can't figure out how to get fonts yet,, but its just day one lol

iluvpeeks Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 3:05pm
post #13 of 37

Hi Madge
Which cartridge are you using? I might be able to help you out.
Kathy

madgeowens Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 11:55pm
post #14 of 37

the basic, that came with it...I finally founf the right key....lol I put my glasses on...and aha there it was

srkmilklady Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 12:37am
post #15 of 37

Madge...at least you sound like you're having fun with the machine! icon_lol.gif

madgeowens Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 12:55am
post #16 of 37

I love it.....I even tried fondant in it....with a touch of tylose....it was not in the freezer long enough, but I think its do able....I also was cutting gumpaste without freezing it.............I love it hehehe

iluvpeeks Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 3:54pm
post #17 of 37

Madge
You're too funny. I also don't put my eyeballs on enough! I had to get my license renewed in August, and I was praying that I would pass the eye test! I'm so glad you are enjoying your new toy.
Kathy

madgeowens Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 1:19am
post #18 of 37

I just got new glasses this week too lol

srkmilklady Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 1:22am
post #19 of 37

Were the glasses a birthday present to yourself? icon_lol.gif

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 1:46am
post #20 of 37

Happy Birthday and congrats

Molly

madgeowens Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:00am
post #21 of 37

No, I just really needed them....my glasses were falling apart...sat on them too many times I guess. I am going to get myself an airbrush I think.........and perhaps some more pans...lol I am so bad

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:02am
post #22 of 37

i highly recommend purchasing the SCAL...it takes your cricut to a whole new level and you'll never buy a cartridge again! i'm going to do a tutorial with SCAL soon since i've been getting so many PM's about it!!! have fun with your CC! i adore mine!

srkmilklady Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:32am
post #23 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpAt2am

i highly recommend purchasing the SCAL...it takes your to a whole new level and you'll never buy a cartridge again! i'm going to do a tutorial with SCAL soon since i've been getting so many PM's about it!!! have fun with your CC! i adore mine!

A tutorial would be great!! But you may be getting another pm from me very soon. I still haven't had a chance to try SCAL yet or my CC for that matter, but hoping this weekend to finally try it. (My whole family has been knocked for a loop with colds and my grandson even has pneumonia, so there hasn't been any CC time for me. icon_cry.gif )

I think my next cake will be a "get well" cake for my family...with cricut cuts on it! icon_lol.gif

feliciangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:44am
post #24 of 37

i dont know if anyone posted this link but it helped me out a lot ....HAAAAAPPY BIRRRTHDAYYYY
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-678490-0-days0-orderasc-.html

madgeowens Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 3:10am
post #25 of 37

Yes I saw today the cartridges are 89 dollars holy crapster batman.....the scal you just plug your laptop into the cc with a usb and badabing? is that how it works?

srkmilklady Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 3:15am
post #26 of 37

Yes, Madge...that's what UpAt2am was telling me. You can go broke buying those cartridges. I'm in Canada and one I was looking at was $120.00!!! I'll gladly pay for the SCAL and like she said, you don't need to buy anymore cartridges and it takes your machine to a whole new level. thumbs_up.gif

madgeowens Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 3:46am
post #27 of 37

yippee.....I am excited! I hope your family all get well soon icon_smile.gif

feliciangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 3:48am
post #28 of 37

if your looking for less expensive cartridges look on ebay...what I've seen at joann's for $68-80 I've gotten on ebay for $23-35 bucks and I look for the free shipping .. i just got the happy haunting for $35

since I have the cricut cake I just recently bought the mat for paper and a deep cutting blade to use just for Halloween decorations.

but i do agree on the SCAL it is a money saver..there are also scrapbooker that sell and give away the svg files

srkmilklady Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 3:56am
post #29 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

yippee.....I am excited! I hope your family all get well soon icon_smile.gif

Thanks Madge.

And yes feliciangel , I saw the cartridges on ebay, but for me it would end up just as expensive as buying in a store...no free shipping to Canada! So, SCAL it will have to be!

madgeowens Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 4:10am
post #30 of 37

I heard the one guy in the cricut cake video say you should not use paper in the cc

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%