All My Recent Orders Lately Are Disasters...

Baking By AnnBland Updated 2 Oct 2010 , 12:53am by Mickeebabe

AnnBland Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 8

My last 3 orders, all of my cupcake frosting melted. I deliver them fine, but all 3 clients told me they melted on the way home. I'm in California, and it's over 100 degrees here the past few days. I used IMBC for the first 2 batches and a crusting cream cheese frosting for the 3rd.

What's the best type of frosting to use during high heat weathers? This is such a bummer! icon_sad.gif

7 replies
KimmyKakes4Me Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 8

On the way home? Thought you delivered them. I'm in the hottest are of CA and always use meringue, but I'm really carefuland under no circumstances are my cakes/cupcakes for outdoor functions. I deliver chilled and people bring them temp in their air conditioned homes.

AnnBland Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 8

Well they have been co-workers so yeah I bring to work and they take it home. I usually have fondant toppers so I'm afraid to put anything in the fridge (to chill as you said) because all my decorations wilt.

cakes47 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 8

Tell them to get the AC going in their vehicles....THEN put the cupcakes
in their cars!!! I think that might make some sense!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

laceycakes Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 11:34pm
post #5 of 8

KimmyKakes4Me and AnnBland, Where in CA are you gals melting in? I'm in Moreno Valley (SoCal). LOL With this heat, I don't think anything has chance of surviving. Hopefully, it will start to feel like fall rather than summer again.

Mickeebabe Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 8

Hi. I'm in CA too and use to have problems with my icing until I started using a recipe by indydebi here on CC. It's super easy to make, easy to use and tastes good too. I always have compliments when I use her recipe.

Give it a try. icon_smile.gif

Where is CA is everyone from? I'm in Bakersfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnBland

My last 3 orders, all of my cupcake frosting melted. I deliver them fine, but all 3 clients told me they melted on the way home. I'm in California, and it's over 100 degrees here the past few days. I used IMBC for the first 2 batches and a crusting cream cheese frosting for the 3rd.

What's the best type of frosting to use during high heat weathers? This is such a bummer! icon_sad.gif

ladyscots07 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 10:43pm
post #7 of 8

Mickeebabe, Im in Bakersfield too. I havent had any trouble with mine melting, but I frost at the very last minute and keep in a very cool place.

Mickeebabe Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 12:53am
post #8 of 8

That's great. icon_smile.gif

Where's your favorite place to buy your supplies here in town? I buy a few things from The Cake Crafters on 19th street. (but there always out of the cupcake boxes)

By your name, did you go to Highland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyscots07

Mickeebabe, Im in Bakersfield too. I havent had any trouble with mine melting, but I frost at the very last minute and keep in a very cool place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%