Red Velvet W/ Cream Cheese Mousse @ Gc Disneyland

Baking By hollynme2 Updated 28 Sep 2010 , 2:28am by deMuralist

hollynme2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollynme2 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 7

CC'ers, OMG! I just had the most wonderful red velvet cake with cream cheese mouse at the Grand California Hotel in Disneyland. I have never been a fan of red velvet b/c of the food color taste, but this changed my mind! The taste and crumb were fantastic and the mousse on top wasn't too sweet, such a perfect combo. I couldn't stop eating it!! I asked the server how it was made and she said when she asked the chef they had a "mix" that they used! Any ideas? This is now my new obsession! (I tried to attach a picture 3 times and it doesn't seem to work)

6 replies
daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 7

red velvet is a fav of mine, not sure if it's a southern thing or what.....mine that I make doesn't have alot of food coloring, that's a great thing about baking, you can control that part.......cream cheese mousse now that sounds like a yummy addition!!!

sorry pic still hasn't post (as I'm writing this anyway)

daltonam Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 7

here's someone's blog link that shows a pic...is that it?

http://www.disneyweddingblog.com/2010/07/hope-mikes-meal-tasting-at-disneyland.html

hollynme2 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 6:04pm
post #4 of 7

It looks like it! I am still trying to attach pic!

hollynme2 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 7

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1815743.html is the link as I uploaded it to the gallery.....

daltonam Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 2:10am
post #6 of 7

I did find recipes for cream cheese mousse online, but i'm not sure....you have me really wondering now icon_smile.gif. maybe someone will see this & know more about it.

deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 2:28am
post #7 of 7

This is probably not the way Disney did it, but, you can add pudding to Rich's bettercreme and get some fantastic mousse like flavors. I think there is a cream cheese or maybe a cheesecake flavor pudding you can use. I am pretty sure you have to add a touch of milk but man it is great. There was a long post on Bettercreme here on CC, Melvira is the queen of flavors and techniques for that so if you can't find the thread, just pm her.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%