My First Icing Smiles Request!!

Lounge By mbark Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 4:00am by mbark

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 4:14am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone,
If you have not heard about this awesome organization, Icing Smiles provides cakes for seriously ill children. I found them on Facebook after hearing about them on CC and signed up a couple months ago.
Well I got my first email about a child in my area in need of a cake in a couple of weeks. I'm thrilled to be helping and want to be sure I do an awesome job, a little nervous- just wanted to share! icon_smile.gif
Maria

5 replies
kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 4:47am
post #2 of 6

I got goosebumps for you!! What an honor and priveledge to be able to give like that! Be sure to post pics!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 3:01am
post #3 of 6

I did one in July

Such fun and for a good cause

_christina_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_christina_ Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 5:11am
post #4 of 6

Aww, I know the feeling! I just did one Sept 19. It was super amazing. The families are so thrilled and what's so funny is that they don't even know how thrilled we are to be doing for them!

Can't wait to see pictures!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 1:10pm
post #5 of 6

I hadn't heard of them before, but i just sent off my email to become a baker. We have a well known childrens hospital about 45-60 mins from me and i would love to be able to help them out if I can.

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 4:00am
post #6 of 6

thanks everyone! here is the cake-
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1828582
I was absolutely dead tired making it at the end of the day last friday but thinking of little Tyler kept me going. The birthday boy & his family loved it, and I may have gotten a new customer in his aunt who lives pretty close to me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%