Business Expo...very Specific Theme

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 29 Sep 2010 , 4:23am by step0nmi

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 3:46am
post #1 of 5

I am stumped and feel dumb about not knowing what to do. I just started talking with this even planner about doing a cake/cupcakes for this business to business expo for our area. I think she just came up with the idea to have cake/cupcakes there cuz she met me icon_rolleyes.gif anyway...

the theme is VERY specific. It's a "Take your business to new heights" and the marketing for expo has an airplane going up into the sky with a ticket of all the information on it. she said a cake for 100 and then second guessed herself saying that for business people maybe a cupcake would be easier to pick up and it could be for a total of 100 people.

I was kinda hoping for a better idea than airplanes on a cupcake icon_redface.gif I know I wouldn't make airplanes for EVERY cupcake anyway.

I just think this is such a specific theme and I'm not sure about making airplanes...what would I make them out of? what else could I do on the other cupcakes? Should I make a centerpiece cake? was thinking a business building with an airplane on top...I dunno icon_sad.gif

4 replies
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 3:58am
post #2 of 5

I personally would make airplanes for each cupcake, though maybe 2d and not 3d - you could find an airplane fondant or cookie cutter. You could make the BC on the cuppies look like clouds and sprinkle them with luster dust or edible glitter. You could make a cupcake stand and the center of it looks like a building - that would be neat!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 4:12am
post #3 of 5

I like variety on these types of cupcakes, some with planes some with tickets , if you can do it maybe a few with the convention logo. Also as soon as I read the 'new heights' I was thinking super tall cake or cupcake standicon_smile.gif I'm sure you'll do great.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 4:14am
post #4 of 5

Yeah, I think doing different things would be good too - but you definitely need to do something on each cupcake.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 4:23am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

I like variety on these types of cupcakes, some with planes some with tickets , if you can do it maybe a few with the convention logo. Also as soon as I read the 'new heights' I was thinking super tall cake or cupcake standicon_smile.gif I'm sure you'll do great.

yes...I was thinking this too! Like a building with an airplane above it...but we're not a big city. didn't know if this was a cheesy idea either icon_redface.gif

I do like the sound of the 2D airplanes...that sounds cool. That doesn't sound childish though, does it?

Thanks for the ideas guys! Not sure what kind of space I have for the display or where they will be placed yet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%