Help With Logo

Decorating By Balusekc Updated 27 Sep 2010 , 2:41am by Balusekc

Balusekc Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 12:03am
post #1 of 9

I need to make the Beatles logo. I thought about using chocolate, and reversing the image and filling it in on wax paper. Is it possible to do it this way and keep it in the fridge or freezer? Should I use buttercream instead? Suggestions please?

8 replies
sweetcakesbyjen Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 12:23am
post #2 of 9

I do this all the time. You don't have to reverse the image with chocolate, at least I don't. Right after I outline what I am doing, I fill the image in and then tap the surface that my wax paper is on and it will settle the chocolate and make it smooth. I hope this makes sense. Then I just keep it in the fridge till I need it.

Balusekc Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 12:29am
post #3 of 9

I was just thinking if I reversed it I could just put the logo on the cake wax paper side up and peel it off and all the letters would be spaced correctly without me having to do it by hand. Since it will keep in the fridge I can do it next weekend.

Can I use regular chocolate chips or do I need to buy the wilton chocolate candies? Sorry for all the questions, but this is a new one for me. Thank you for you reply.

sweetcakesbyjen Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 12:46am
post #4 of 9

If you use the reverse side, the surface will be flat obviously. That's why I don't reverse it, I like the bubble look of just putting it on right side up and shaking it down a bit. So that is also something to consider. I recently did a Beatles logo myself and just put them on myself. And I have always used the candy wafers for melting so I'm not too sure how chocolate chips would do, but you could always make a practice one and see.

sweetcakesbyjen Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 12:53am
post #5 of 9

I forgot to say.. that it has been my experience that once the chocolate is chilled, it just falls off the paper, so peeling really may not be an option for you. I would just suggest that you do a practice run and see what works for you. Let me know if you have any other questions and how it turns out for you!!

Balusekc Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 12:58am
post #6 of 9

Thank you, I will!

Balusekc Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 1:03am
post #7 of 9

What do you use to "stick" the chocolate to the fondant?

sweetcakesbyjen Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 2:37am
post #8 of 9

You can use any leftover chocolate or buttercream.

Balusekc Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 2:41am
post #9 of 9

Thanks again Jen. I did a pratice run tonight with chocolate chips, and even though they set in the fridge, they started to melt. I think the Wilton candies will hold up better. I'm going to buy some this week and make the logo this weekend. Thanks again for all your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%