Strawberry Shortcake

Baking By barnes113 Updated 27 Sep 2010 , 2:29pm by sweetlybaked

barnes113 Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 10:23pm
post #1 of 6

Hi I'm trying to make a strawberry shortcake but every time i do a search for Strawberry shortcake recipe they show me a pic of the cartoon
icon_cry.gif sure she cute but i want cake darn it icon_lol.gif, so would anyone be so kind as to provide me with a recipe i would love to use one with a cake mix and one that has more of a cake texture really moist and dense. Thanks in advance.

5 replies
Occther Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 6

I use the recipe on the side of the Bisquick box to make the cakes.

barnes113 Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 11:53pm
post #3 of 6

i was wondering if i could use a cake mix like pound cake only something moist i tried the bisquick mix but didnt like it it seems really dry but thanks anyway

sweetlybaked Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 12:12am
post #4 of 6

Why don't you just use a white or yellow cake mix. You could make a cake and cut it up or just bake them in muffin pans and pop em out and use those...are you looking for something special to do with a mix?

barnes113 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 12:26am
post #5 of 6

no i'm not looking to do anything special with the mix i just didnt know if i could use a regular cake mix maybe doctored up with pudding in the mix and than fill it with strawberry and fresh whip cream if that would be ok to use or do u think that would be to heavy

sweetlybaked Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 2:29pm
post #6 of 6

It will be kind of heavy...the syrup won't saturate it fully like a sponge or angel cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%