How To Sanding Sugar On Flow-In Icing?

Baking By BlueBurd Updated 29 Sep 2010 , 8:20am by EvMarie

BlueBurd Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making some Jack Skellington cookies and using Antonia's Royal Icing (which I love!). I want to add some of the Wilton black sugar to the eyes and mouth, but am not sure how to go about it. How and when do you add the sugar on the decorations?

2 replies
Malakin Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 1:47pm
post #2 of 3

Make absolutely sure every part of the cookie is completely dry. Then add the parts you want to put the sanding sugar on in RI. Gently cover with sugar then shake off.

EvMarie Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 8:20am
post #3 of 3

I'm a fan of sanding sugar. My piping is frustrating at, I like to pipe a border, apply sanding sugar...then flood & maybe add a MMF accent. One step...and easy. So, I've had some practice...

One tip that's a little bit of a pain but it's so worth it make sure what ever color sanding sugar you're adding, also try to use royal icing the same or very similar color. It just looks neater to me.

Black is a bummer sometimes...just gotta make sure like Malakin said everything else is dry. I had success with my soccer balls last week & I just made sure the black was dry then applied white..and I didn't have one problem. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%