Pictures Of My Daughter's Cookie Cake Favors!

Baking By Phyllis52 Updated 5 Oct 2010 , 2:51pm by Apti

Phyllis52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phyllis52 Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 36

Here they finally are!

Thanks to all (too many to name) who helped me - I couldn't have done it without your advice and expertise. thumbs_up.gif

35 replies
adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 36

It will be great when we can see them. I guess pictures still aren't uploading.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 36

They're in her gallery. Very pretty!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 36

They are beautiful. Did you buy the boxes from papermart? What size did you purchase cuz i just bought some and they are way to small for these types of cakes.
Did you make the flowers yourself? They are so nice!

Phyllis52 Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 36

Thank you so much for your nice comments.

The boxes are 3x3 - I didn't get them at papermart, I don't remember who, but I can find out if you are interested.

I made the flowers and leaves with gumpaste in a mold. It was easy, just time consuming.

I used satin ice fondant with an impression mat and pearl dust.

I don't think I'll ever eat another cookie again after making 600 cookies and 600 fondant tops and 600 flowers!

Thanks imagenthatnj for noticing they are in my gallery. This is the first time I've uploaded a picture and I guess I didn't do it right.

imagenthatnj Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 9:09pm
post #6 of 36

Oh no, Phyllis52, it's not you. Lately everyone has problems uploading photos to this forum. The only way to upload is to your gallery.

CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 1:56am
post #7 of 36

Excellent Job ! Those boxes set it off beautifully ...

How many hours do you think they took you all up?

Thanks for sharing

Phyllis52 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 5:06pm
post #8 of 36

Thanks for your compliments grozzie11 -

Well, let's see for time estimate:
It took at least 3 days to make the flowers and leaves. (I work full time, so I'm figuring the weekends and after work).
It took one entire day to make 11 batches of cookies. Froze them.
Another 2 days to make 625 fondant tops.
Then 3 more days to make the actual cookies and put the fondant tops on. Then froze them.
Then another 6 hours to put the boxes together (don't forget I cut out doilies to fit and cardboard for bottom - about another hour for that) and putting the cookies together and adding the flower.
All in all, quite a long time, but everyone loved them and they were practically all eaten before the dinner! It was something unusual.

I thought it was cute when I made 3 to show my daughter, but 200! Wow! Plus I had to transport them from PA to NY.

But it was worth it. Let me know if you have any questions I can help you with.
Phyllis

megandeann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megandeann Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 5:21pm
post #9 of 36

Maybe it's just me but when I went to your gallery Phyllis there was only one picture and it was a cake, a pretty cake but I was hoping to see the cookies! Someone please help, what am I doing wrong??

imagenthatnj Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 5:23pm
post #10 of 36

The photo looks like a cake. It's a stack of cookies to resemble a cake with a pretty flower on top.

If you click on that small thumbnail and you get to the big photo, there's a second photo where you can look at a group of them in boxes.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 7:46pm
post #11 of 36

Now that is a compliment! Her cookies were stacked to look like a cake!

Phyllis52 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 10:21pm
post #12 of 36

That sure is a compliment!!

Thank you all - and believe me when I say I could not have done it without my friends at Cake Central.

icon_smile.gif

CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 2:47am
post #13 of 36

Phyllis 52, thanks for your reply.

I knew it would have been a marathon effort, but thats much much bigger than I gave it thought. WOW..

How wonderful that they were gobbled up ! hopefully a couple were saved to show off your artwork!

Once again, congratulations and thanks for your reply.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 3:26am
post #14 of 36

I though it was a beautiful real cake too! Those are amazing--I've copied to my favorites; you have inspired me.

Patriciap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Patriciap Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 5:41pm
post #15 of 36

The packaging really makes it perfect. Great work

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 6:03pm
post #16 of 36

Omg, congratulation Phyllis---600 cookiessss???? yikessss!!! for my granddaughter's christening I made 160 cookies and I was dying LOL!! icon_biggrin.gif

They are beatiful and such a great idea!! I love the cookies, the flowers, the boxes everything!! thumbs_up.gif

Phyllis52 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 11:21pm
post #17 of 36

Rosie2 -

Yup, 625 cookies for 200 favors. I don't think I'll ever eat another sugar cookie again! Between all the taste testing and then the actual baking, I've had enough.

Thank you all so much for your kind comments.

Apti - in your favorites!?! Wow, thank you.

ILoveDaffodils Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveDaffodils Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 11:37pm
post #18 of 36

I also looked at your photos and thought the picture was of a cake. I went back and looked again after reading someone else's comment. What a great job you did. The cookies and the way they look in boxes are wonderful!

Apti Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 2:09am
post #19 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllis52

Thank you so much for your nice comments.

The boxes are 3x3 - I didn't get them at papermart, I don't remember who, but I can find out if you are interested.

Phyllis, I would be very interested in the boxes. If you are able to find a paper trail and tell us where and how much it would be greatly appreciated. Since I am a hobby baker, it is really hard to buy nice, attractive packaging without buying a quantity of 100-1000 or paying a large sum for smaller quantities. I'd actually PM'd another CC'r who had a gorgeous clear, acrylic box like yours for a 3" round stacked cake that ended up being about 6" tall with bow. Her's had an already cut to size gold-grease proof cake board. She actually owns a full-blown bakeryand probably buys in bulk. I have never received a reply.

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 2:52am
post #20 of 36

These are so adorable!! Stacked cookies? Really? Will you share how many cookies you stacked and were each one covered in the fondant or fondant on top draped over cookies. I am so corn-fused. Anyway they are cool!!!! What a great idea!

Phyllis52 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 10:08am
post #21 of 36

I will try to find out where I bought the boxes(but I did buy 200 of them) - it was over a year ago when I decided to do these. I will get back to you on this.

Oops, I forgot to answer the question on how high the cookies were before. I cut them 3/8" using my Dobord - thank goodness for that thing.
And I used 3 cookies per favor. It was too much trouble making smaller cookies and baking more, so this seemed perfect.

I cut out the fondant before hand, then put it on the cookie as it came out of the oven. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the compliments.

Phyllis52 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 10:12am
post #22 of 36

Apti -

I bought the boxes at efavormart.com

Google 3 x 3 clear boxes and go to efavormart

They only sell them by 100's for approx. $30.00 per hundred.

Hope that helps you.

Apti Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 10:25am
post #23 of 36

Thanks Phyllis. I'll give that site a look-see.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 11:52am
post #24 of 36

Phyllis that site was fantastic! In all my searches, I never came across it before, Thanks for posting it! icon_lol.gif

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 12:32pm
post #25 of 36

Phyllis...I absolutely love your mini wedding cakes...they're in my favorites also.

I know the 3/8" refers to the thickness of each cookie, right? So I was wondering the size of the 3 circle cutters you used for the diameter?

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 4:32pm
post #26 of 36

awesome cookies! I'm interested in the size of the cookie cutters you used, too!
Also, did you use the impression mat on the fondant before or after you put them on the cookies? And did you dust them with luster dust?

Thanks! Maria

Apti Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:59am
post #27 of 36

sorry, messed up the message.

Apti Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:59am
post #28 of 36

Maria K38, here's a link to Autumn Carpenter's page of tutorials. She'll show you how to use an impression mat for cookie with fondant and luster dust.
http://autumncarpenter.com/products/videos.aspx

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 10:59am
post #29 of 36

thanks!

Phyllis52 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 1:46pm
post #30 of 36

Thanks again all!

I will get back to you with the cookie cutter sizes as soon as I get home (I'm at work). Yup, the 3/8" was height of cookie.

What I did was roll out fondant, then roll impression mat over it, cut out my sizes and dust with luster dust.

Glad everyone likes them.
Phyllis

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%