Baker / Cake Shop In Vegas That I Can Visit To Learn?

Decorating By cloetzu Updated 28 Sep 2010 , 12:08pm by cloetzu

cloetzu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cloetzu Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 12:27am
post #1 of 5

I'm tentatively going to be in Vegas for a week in late October - traveling down from the East coast of Canada. Wondering if anyone knows of any bakeries or cake shops that might be willing to let me visit them and hang out for a day or more to learn some of the basics of cake decorating from the best!

Or attend any courses they may be putting on??

4 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 2:15am
post #2 of 5

I seriously doubt that you'd find anyone willing to let you hang out to learn for free (proprietary information). Your best bet would be to find a class.

Have you tried googling it?

I found this at Creative Cooking School:
http://www.creativecookingschool.com/CourseSchedule.Asp?CourseID= 21
(no class is currently scheduled for this basic class... perhaps you could call to set one up.)

And this at Creative Cooking School:
http://www.creativecookingschool.com/CourseSchedule.Asp?CourseID=333
(beyond the basics for Nov. 6, 2010... don't know if your late October visit extends into early November.)

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 2:28am
post #3 of 5

I know Rylan is in Las Vegas. Awesome unbelievable cakes! You could maybe PM them and see what they say...

cloetzu Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 12:10pm
post #4 of 5

I would definitely be willing to pay - the amount obviously would be relative to the experience - i.e. watching vs actual hands on stuff ....

I'm looking to learn more about the right consistency for buttercream, the thickness of fondant that should be used, a better method of making flowers or figures (and by better I mean faster/more efficient because it takes me days..), a good consistency for royal (depending on use of course), making IMBC and SMBC and the best uses for both, proper stacking and creating structures, piping techniques etc...

I know that's a lot but even if i only get some of this it will be great!

cloetzu Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 12:08pm
post #5 of 5

Rylan is not available ;( - anyone have any other ideas?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%