Software Program For Cake Business, Help

Business By christephenie Updated 25 Sep 2010 , 11:13pm by christephenie

christephenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christephenie Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 6

I recently got my business lic. and need help with business end of thing. I need to keep track of money coming in and out, taxes, customer info and way to much more. I need advice from someone who's been there! Is there a sofware program you would recommend?

5 replies
DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 6

I haven't used it, but there's a program called Cake Boss (the ads come up on here a lot). It looks like it would work great.

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 6

Have you looked into CakeBoss? It is a small investment for the peace of mind that an organized system provides. Go to their website cakeboss dot com.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 6

Cake boss is great! One of the ladies here kelleym wrote it and give cc members 10% off check it out

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 6

I use QuickBooks to keep track of accounting, invoices, and customers. It's not industry-specific like cake boss, but it integrates very well with tax software and is a full-fledged accounting program.

If you don't have your products and pricing in order yet, cake boss would be a good bet, but you will probably end up graduating to QB eventually (unless you outsource your accounting).

christephenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christephenie Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 11:13pm
post #6 of 6

Sounds like great advice, thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%