KrazyKakesNJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyKakesNJ Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 2:39am
post #2 of 23

I am up.. working on my sketch for my next cake

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 2:40am
post #3 of 23

One small wedding show last night.
One anniversary cake, 1 groom's cake and 3 doz cupcakes picked up earlier today.

Working on one, 4 tier right now.

Tomorrow will bake and deco 100 cupcakes, 6" cutting cake and another groom's cake, PLUS get ready for the second wedding show of the weekend.

Sunday, set up the cupcake wedding, rush out to set up my booth, rush back home for two consults for out-of-town brides, rush back to the show to break down.

Collapse.

Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 2:41am
post #4 of 23

I used modelling chocolate for the first time this week to create a tree, now that was fun!

KrazyKakesNJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyKakesNJ Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 2:42am
post #5 of 23

wow!!!! you are swamped...I hope everything goes well for you. hoping one day I will be in that position

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 2:42am
post #6 of 23

I'm up. Just got back from the HS football game watching my kid play in the marching band. I've got a 3 tier birthday cake I'll be working on tomorrow. I'm a little bummed over it. I was handed edible transfers to put on the cake and it's feeling like an insult.

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 2:43am
post #7 of 23

UGH...i'm tired just reading all that Leah. Just finished a shell wedding cake for a friend at work. Working on a cake dummy for Daytona day of sharing on Sunday. Then to the beach on Monday and Tuesday for some relaxation!! Sounds like you need a beach day Leah!!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 2:43am
post #8 of 23

Oh, Leah...you stay so busy! Right now, I'm working on a cup of coffee icon_smile.gif. Thinking about doing the cakes for tomorrow. I'll get there eventually.

Tea42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tea42 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 2:44am
post #9 of 23

I've been waiting for you to open the meeting icon_smile.gif............It's getting near my bedtime!

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 2:52am
post #10 of 23

Just finished working on one of my cakes for OSSAS...it's next weekend!! I can't wait until it's over, then I can collapse!

leah_s Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 2:57am
post #11 of 23

anasazi, entering OSSAS? I'm impressed!!

Melchas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melchas Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 2:59am
post #12 of 23

working on flowers and a boat for two cakes next weekend.

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:01am
post #13 of 23

Ya, I figured...what the heck, nothing like getting some serious feedback to make you better! It should be fun, but I am a little nervous icon_smile.gif

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:09am
post #14 of 23

Nothing!! I took the weekend off. But not by choice. I had to be put under this morning to have a tooth removed so I figured I wasn't going to be in great shape to work on cakes. I am really enjoying the vicadin though icon_razz.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:11am
post #15 of 23

I'm preparing for tomorrow's Chocolate class -- I'm teaching a basic chocolate class and guess who's coming!! CC's own LineDancer!!! icon_lol.gif I can hardly wait!! She's in town for something and we wanted to meet so I invited her to the chocolate class tomorrow. That will be loads of fun!! icon_biggrin.gif

You know, it never ceases to amaze me, no matter how much prep work I do for a class, it's NEVER enough! icon_rolleyes.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:19am
post #16 of 23

Oh yeah, the blog isn't doing so well. I can't figure out Wordpress!! icon_cry.gif But my friend is coming over tomorrow to help me with it, so hopefully I'll be up and running soon! icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:22am
post #17 of 23

I use Wordpress. I think I like it better than blogger. I'm no expert, but I can generally make it do what I want.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:24am
post #18 of 23

I'm here for the very first time! well I lurk usually, but I had a book cake that was picked up at 8p tonight and I'm working on a bible cake for sunday.

bobwonderbuns Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:28am
post #19 of 23

Awesome Sari!! Are they open book cakes or closed book cakes?

paoli96 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paoli96 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:36am
post #20 of 23

Working on a Harley Davidson themed cake. My husband doesn't know it yet, but it is for HIM! Surprise 39 1/2 Birthday party tomorrow evening. (He'd expect a 40th from me. . . can't have him expecting anything!) He's getting his first Harley from the kids and me tomorrow.

It's going to me so much fun. Now if I could just finish this cake! My mind is so preoccupied with thinking of all the other things I need to do tomorrow. ADD go away!

leah_s Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:53am
post #21 of 23

Wow, Paoli! That's a present!!

Hey, you're not far from me.

leah_s Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 4:59am
post #22 of 23

Quiet night!

Oh well, kitchen is reasonable clean and I'm up in the office thinking about going to bed.

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 5:19am
post #23 of 23

Super late check-in for me.

No "official" cakes for me this weekend. It's a plan-experiment-prototype weekend for me.

I did some dipped Oreos earlier today just to play.

This weekend, I have some new cake flavor combos to try out and then inflict...I mean...taste test on friends. I'm also hoping to try out a tutorial for making a fondant dahlia and to experiment w/some other "vintage" style flowers. I have a bridal shower to do on the 7th and the bride like vintage fabrics and florals.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Don't work TOO hard Leah.

Kristy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%