Flood Took Our Camper Away

Lounge By HobbyCaker Updated 14 Oct 2010 , 11:54pm by HobbyCaker

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 2:05am
post #1 of 13

DH, I and our neighbor spent the day building up a dirt wall around our basement walk out, the river that runs through our farm has flooded and is really close to our house, so far so good, our drive has a spot in it where the water is coming over, but the bad news came from the man we lease a camping spot from over on the other side of the state, that the river there had flooded and literally picked up our camper and floated it away, he has yet to be able to find it. It was insured, but still heartbreaking. When it rains it pours! Praying we don't get anymore rain. icon_cry.gif

12 replies
kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 4:45am
post #2 of 13

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! Where is all this rain??

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 6:31am
post #3 of 13

Happy to hear your house is holding up so far! thumbs_up.gif

HobbyCaker Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 13

Thank you, We are in MN, and our camper was in SE MN over by Rocherster.

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyCaker

Thank you, We are in MN, and our camper was in SE MN over by Rocherster.

I am so sorry about the loss of your camper, that is just dreadful. I wonder if you are in the same campground as my neighbor. When I asked him why he wasn't at the Halloween party he told me about the flooding.

I hope your dirt wall continues to hold.

Good Luck!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 3:46pm
post #6 of 13

Oh My..so sorry to hear about your camper...But I guess it is better than your house!!

Redsoxbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redsoxbaker Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 5:37pm
post #7 of 13

HobbyCaker, I'm sorry to hear about your camper. I hope everything is OK with your home! Good luck!

HobbyCaker Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 9:52pm
post #8 of 13

The gentleman we lease the camp spot from called us yesterday and they have found "PIECES" of our camper. It was a Casita, they look a lot like the Scamp, which is a white fiberglass shell, sort of looks like an Egg, so for it to break into little pieces means it took a pretty good wallup. We have a lot of fond memories with that camper and our sons. It was insured, but can never be replaced.

herekittykitty- it was on private ground near Altura, MN. I heard they evacuated all the camp grounds in that area, White Water is where we usually camp, but found this private camp ground that we can lease for the summer, and it's closer to the "fishing" for DH.

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. So far the dam has held up around our house and the water is starting to go down. It was our week for bad luck, broke the windshield in three vehicles within 2 days. Hopefully our black cloud has moved on.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 2:41am
post #9 of 13

So sorry to hear about your flood experiences.

Redsoxbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redsoxbaker Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 11:32pm
post #10 of 13

HobbyCaker, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything will get better. Thank God you are all well and you will make new memories with your wonderful family. Please let us know how you're making out. We're all thinking of you during this tough time.

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 4:02am
post #11 of 13

Sorry to hear about the camper... glad the waters are receding around your house!

frankdiabetes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 9:07pm
post #12 of 13

Sorry to hear about your camper...our house flooded in 2008 and we lost everything with no flood insurance, so I know how devastating it can be. Fingers crossed for your house!

HobbyCaker Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 11:54pm
post #13 of 13

Thank you all. I wish I could post pictures in this thread, if you could see what was left of the camper, icon_surprised.gif so glad that I wasn't in it! Our insurance fell through, but because the agent had informed my DH that we were definitly covered when he added the camper to the policy, he ended up writing us a check out of his personal business account since he had misinformed us. I feel bad that he had to do that, but the carrier was fighting us tooth and nail and our agent stood behind us and made it right. Makes you realize that there are alot of very good people is this world! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%