Can I Color Fondant With Americolor Airbrush Colors?

Decorating By maxmorgan Updated 25 Sep 2010 , 4:12am by maxmorgan

maxmorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxmorgan Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 1:59am
post #1 of 5

I've been trying to get the right colors to make baby blue and every attempt I make doesn't work out. Royal blue is too teal, I saw someone said cornflower or sky blue but the cornflower looks more on the gray side so i pulled out my americolor sky blue and that seems to be a pretty good color but I don't know if I will be wasting fondant if I drop some on, I see that normally gel colors are used. Would it be safe?

4 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:09am
post #2 of 5

I once had a cake store owner suggest air brush colors to me because they were out the gel. Did you try using a little royal and a little sky blue added this is what I do.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:10am
post #3 of 5

Take just a tiny piece the size of a quarter and try it.

KrazyKakesNJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyKakesNJ Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:21am
post #4 of 5

Not sure if this would help but I have made baby blue by mixing white fondant with both black and blue fondants...small amounts of black and blue from satin ice and once I mixed the white into it I got the baby blue.

If this is your first time trying..make sure you do really small amounts to get your color correctly.

maxmorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxmorgan Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 4:12am
post #5 of 5

I don't have blue fondant so I think I will try the sky blue americolor on small peice of the white fondant and see how it works out. Thank you all for your replies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%