Merchandise Question :)

Business By adventuregal Updated 26 Sep 2010 , 9:33pm by adventuregal

adventuregal Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 1:54am
post #1 of 10

Hey everyone icon_smile.gif
I started my business in September-we are doing all the bazaars this year and I'm hoping I can find a good place to get some items before then. I'm mostly wanting to get t-shirts for our stand workers and a banner. If anyone on here has a suggestion or good experience with a certain company I would love the info!!! icon_biggrin.gif
Thank you in advance

9 replies
tmdoxie Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:15am
post #2 of 10

Do you have a local screen printing shop that could make shirts for you? I think that would be the most afforable way and the easiest.

scp1127 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:19am
post #3 of 10

www.zazzle.com !* Great shirts, etc. Quality is great too and they are fast. Just start with one you like and start customizing.

*mod edited to provide working link. icon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 10:20am
post #4 of 10

I'm a big believer in "support your local small business" when possible, so I agree with tmdoxie.

Evoir Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 11:24am
post #5 of 10

Cheapest I have found is VistaPrint online. But I have also been VERY impressed with prices and quality of work with local embroidery and screenprinting businesses. Just make sure you order early as possible icon_smile.gif

mayo2222 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 12:16pm
post #6 of 10

Check out www.Cafepress.com *I was throughly impressed. I had 1 custom pregnancy shirt made for my wife and I wasn't sure what size to order. Well I ended up ordering the wrong size and was going to ship it back (30 day return policy) and get a different size. I contacted them about it and the said keep my shirt and they will just send a new one at no cost to me.

They are more expensive that you will find at a local screen printer though, but you can more than just shirts. You can also sell your items directly from their website and never have to deal with inventory.

* mod edited to provide working link. icon_smile.gif

Occther Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 12:38pm
post #7 of 10

I always used a local supplier for embroidered or silk screen shirts. I agree with Debi & tmdoxie. It is great to support local business and helps to encourage support of your business. Plus a lot of them are more willing to do small orders because they want the business.

bakingpw Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 12:52pm
post #8 of 10

www.wetinkprinting.com * has great prices and turn-around times.

* mod edited to provide working link. icon_smile.gif

kansaslaura Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 5:29pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occther

I always used a local supplier for embroidered or silk screen shirts. I agree with Debi & tmdoxie. It is great to support local business and helps to encourage support of your business. Plus a lot of them are more willing to do small orders because they want the business.

Absolutey!!!!! We've got a wonderful place that does that and did the signage for my windows as well. Shop at home first!!! It always comes back in a positive way.

adventuregal Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 9:33pm
post #10 of 10

thanks for the advice everyone! We plan to be very local-oriented so I think I'll have to look more into that first-I hadn't had much luck when I called around last week, but it's worth trying again icon_smile.gif The only place I've ever ordered from was customizedgirl.com and that was for a very embarrassing non cake related teeshirt LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%