Converting Indydebis Recipe From Measure To Weight

Baking By Suzisweet Updated 27 Sep 2010 , 8:23pm by LindaF144a

Suzisweet Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 3

Not sure if that heading is techniqually correct but what I am trying to do is 2 things...

1. multiply a recipe by 4, 5 and 6 to see what will fit in my 6qt KA mixer (and make this cover beater for no air hole buttercream)...the specific recipe that I am currently trying is Indydebi'd Buttercream. I found a simple converter at

www.fruitfromwashington.com/Recipes/scale/recipeconversions.php

This seems to work well...does anyone see why this would not work?
If not I will stay with the reults I got

2. The measurements are so big though I'd be better off weighing most ingredients. I am having issues doing this because I am not sure what to convert to especially the shortening....wet or dry??? Cups to pounds???

Hope I am making sense. I know this can be done easily just having a hard time trying to figure it out.

Should anyone have this recipe figured out for a 6QT KA by measure or by weight if you could send that to me I would truely appreciate it.
Suzi

2 replies
TexasSugar Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:55pm
post #2 of 3

When I measured out a cup of crisco and weighted it it was almost 7oz, so that is the number I use when I weight crisco. A little more or less isn't going to hurt anything.

LindaF144a Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 3

I agree with texassugar. I would weigh the shortening on my scale and then use that number. By weighing it on your scale, it doesn't matter if it is considered liquid or solid. I believe it is a solid, BTW.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%