Sweet 16 Cake Idea Help

Decorating By mommyjones Updated 25 Sep 2010 , 12:11am by DeezTreatz

mommyjones Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a Sweet 16 cake for my niece and I am having a little trouble coming up with some ideas. The cake is going to be 2 tiers. She doesn't want to cake fondant covered but with buttercream. So I need some ideas on what to do with the cake for decorations. I was told she like American Eagle and Hollister clothes as well as the band Hollywood Undead. Her fave color is pink. I need some ideas to help get things going so i can sketch smething. There is going to be 40 people so I was thinking about using round cake pans. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 replies
cakesrock Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 3

What about a 'fashionista' type cake. Pink on one tier and zebra striped on another. You could do a flip flop on top and/or handbag re: reference to Hollister (laid back/effortlessly cool clothes). Do a 10 and 8 maybe...- I think that would feed 40 but you have to check the serving chart....Or you could just do the 10 inch and the handbag on top. Do it pink and black zebra stripe. I think Zebra is very doable with BC. Good luck - please post when done!

DeezTreatz Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 12:11am
post #3 of 3

I was totally thinking Zebra print as well!
I googled Hollister cake - and quite a few cakes came up.
It was a hollister shopping bag with some flip flops etc....

If you do a two tier maybe - 1 zebra and the second with the hollister or AE logo!
Make a fancy pink bow in fondant - just for fun or details in pink!

Quote by @%username% on %date%