Help! How Long Can My Cake Be Out!

Decorating By chefjennalee Updated 24 Sep 2010 , 1:59pm by what_a_cake

chefjennalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjennalee Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 3

I am delivering a cake TODAY and I'm concerned that I might be delivering too early (I've got a busy schedule today that doesn't allow ms to deliver later) my cake is a 4 tiered caked covered in fondant. Under fondant is ganache and cream cheese bc. If I deliver at 12:30 and it won't be served till 7 will that be ok?

Appreciate quick responses. Thanks!

2 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 3

i think it depends on your cream cheese bc recipe. I use the crusting cream cheese recipe which has more PS than dairy ingredients so it can sit out longer b/c the sugar is acting as a preservative. But there are some recipes that have a lot more dairy than PS and shouldn't be out for more than 2-3 hours.

what_a_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
what_a_cake Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 3

sound a bit too long for me, just thinking on cream cheese icon_sad.gif Forecast for your city is 89 F and may be higher than recommended for icing and even fondant.
You have to consider that some reception venues don't have AC running under 76 until minutes before the event, check with your customer if the cake will stay in a controlled environment at all times and try to move delivery time as close to serving time possible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%