Plastic For Chocolate Wrap

Decorating By KayMc Updated 25 Sep 2010 , 12:12am by KayMc

KayMc Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:46am
post #1 of 11

For the cake in this picture, what type of plastic would I use to make the external chocolate shell that is wrapped around the cake? And where do you buy the plastic? Thanks so much in advance.

10 replies
KayMc Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 11

Anyone know?

cutthecake Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 11

It's the material that book report covers are made of--acetate.

KayMc Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 11

Cutthecake, where do you buy acetate?

sweetflowers Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:38pm
post #5 of 11

You can get sheets of it at country kitchen, just search for acetate. I have also used parchment paper and wax paper. The only drawback to those is it is more flimsy and you side could 'wave' a little.

Oh and art supply stores (craft stores too) carry it.

ellentwn Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:49pm
post #6 of 11

art supply stores have them also. good luck!

Karen421 Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:53pm
post #7 of 11

Office supply stores should carry them also.

KayMc Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 4:05pm
post #8 of 11

Great! THanks for all the tips! Guess I'll be shopping this weekend.

cutthecake Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 8:00pm
post #9 of 11

I bought it at Staples.

lacklin Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 8:10pm
post #10 of 11

I used freezer paper and folded it three times to make it thicker. Worked perfectly!

KayMc Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 12:12am
post #11 of 11

Freezer paper! What a great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%