Wet Cakes

Decorating By Katyscc Updated 23 Sep 2010 , 11:48pm by Katyscc

Katyscc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katyscc Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 5

I baked cakes last night and thought they were cooled down and wrapped them in plastic wrap. I just opened them ready to crumb coat but they are almost a wet consistency from the moisture because they were no cooled all the way before wrapping. Can I still crumb coat and cover in fondant or should I let the dry out?

4 replies
Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 5

Let them dry out. Your icing won't stay on a wet cake and you may get blowouts if you try to ice over all that moisture. It's still going to try to escape.

TrixieTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrixieTreats Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 5

Not sure exactly how wet we are talking here, but I plastic wrap my cakes hot...right out of the oven, so they are slightly "wet" when I unwrap them after they have cooled completely. I fill and ice them right away without letting them dry off with no problem, this yields a wonderfully moist cake. But, if they are too wet...and seem delicate due to the moisture, I would let them sit uncovered for a bit and then move forward.

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixieTreats

Not sure exactly how wet we are talking here, but I plastic wrap my cakes hot...right out of the oven, so they are slightly "wet" when I unwrap them after they have cooled completely. I fill and ice them right away without letting them dry off with no problem, this yields a wonderfully moist cake.

Really??? icon_surprised.gif The only time I had a blow out was when a cake had some condensation which I didn't had time to let it dry out...I just dabbed at it with a paper towel. icon_sad.gif I wonder if it was something else???

Katyscc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katyscc Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all for your advise. It wasn't too bad. I dabbed it with a towel and that seemed to help out. It was hard to explain lol sorry for the confusion. Very new at this. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%