Baby Butt Cake

Business By loriemoms Updated 2 Oct 2010 , 11:59pm by mommynana

sweetpea223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea223 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 3:23pm
post #31 of 38

When I first saw this baby rump cake...I immediately said that it was cute. It actually reminds me of babies trying to tumble down...so that was my impression of it. I recently made it for my niece's baby shower last June and didn't find it offensive knowing that it didn't have a head attached to it. I think it is more scary if there was a head... remembering the `naturally curly baby cake' I made for my first fondant... my friend had to cover the face before cutting the cake. In any case, the rump has to be taken off the bottom cake before slicing, so by then it would only look like a round cake...

Anyway, everyone has his/her opinion on cakes. My question is, would you feel akward making animal figure cakes too?

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 4:43pm
post #32 of 38

No, I eat animals.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 4:54pm
post #33 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

No, I eat animals.

hahahahaha!

Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 5:00pm
post #34 of 38

I've never been asked to make one, but I know they are popular and I would make it if asked. Personally, I don't like them & I'm glad to see I'm not the only one because I thought I was being weird...LOL! But the baby bottom cake doesn't bother me as much as the cake that looks like a real baby! That one totally creeps me out!!! Cakewrecks featured one of the realistic baby cakes and it was just creeeeepy LOL!

mayo2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayo2222 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 5:11pm
post #35 of 38

I love them and personally don't see what the problem with making them is. I was actually excited when I got the chance to make one.

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 10:37am
post #36 of 38

It is one the most requested baby cakes right now (right next to the pregnant belly cake) and everyone gushes over them when I make them..
I personally think its cute, and I do charge some $$$ for them, so I make a great profit too icon_smile.gif which always helps.
Jodi

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 5:29pm
post #37 of 38

I don't like the rump cakes too much, but I'd do one if someone flashed me some green. icon_wink.gif

I've done several pregnant belly cakes. The only one I thought was creepy was the one I did a few months ago. They wanted the pregnant belly AND the fondant baby on the same cake. Actually, they wanted the baby lying on top of the belly. Strange.

I do have my limits though. No naked boobs or penis cakes will be made in my kitchen. I wouldn't do any other vulgar ones either.

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 11:59pm
post #38 of 38

never done a penis, don`t no if i would even try but the boob cakes i think are ok if u put a bikini on them(which i did) i made one have`t posted it yet but i think it came out good

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%