Looking For A Paisley-Like Heart-Shaped Pan

Decorating By Leesa1973 Updated 24 Sep 2010 , 5:58pm by auntginn

Leesa1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leesa1973 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 12

I have seen at some point, somewhere a heart-shaped pan set that is like a heart and paisley in one. Not just a standard heart. Can you help me located this? I am in dire need of it!

11 replies
imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 12

Like this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/natiscakes/2898484890/

I haven't been able to find that pan yet. Not even sure if that's what you mean. Looking for one two.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 7:40pm
post #3 of 12

I have not seen this one but you might want to take the paisley shaped pan and at the larger end carve into the cake to make it heart shaped.

hth.

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 12

I thought Wilton made one by theirs doesn't curve around to the side. Maybe you could sculpt this - very cool design.

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 7:57pm
post #5 of 12

The only one I have that is not a regular heart is the Sweetheart cake pan that I bought at starts with sugar and ends with craft. CC won't let me put the direct link to it. It is under their Valentines cake pan section. I am going to watch this thread to see if anyone else knows where to get the curved shape heart pan, as I would like one too!

imagenthatnj Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 8:16pm
post #6 of 12

HobbyCaker, you're so funny with the name of that place that starts with sugar and ends with craft... lol.

CC won't even let you type that word as a single word in there! There was some lawsuit some years ago, so that name is banned.

I hope we find the pan, but I've looked all over, even in the UK sites. I was even thinking that the person who made a cake like that just carved with a template. I also thought that maybe I would just draw the hearts and have a big cutter made. I've seen the cookie cutters like that at globalsugarart.

The closest I've found is this at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001PKUXOC/?tag=cakecentral-20

And this adjustable one that I was going to pinch on one side to get the shape I wanted:

http://www.pastrychef.com/ADJUSTABLE-HEART-RING_p_1186.html

But none of the two have the elegance of those blue hearts.

auntginn Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 8:24pm
post #7 of 12

Leesa, what size cake do you want to make?

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 8:27pm
post #8 of 12

imaginethat, I agree the blue heart cake is just beautiful! I didn't know about the lawsuit, icon_surprised.gif just knew you couldn't post anything with that name in it for some reason, so that is understandable! icon_wink.gif We use to say things like that when trying to keep a secret when I was a kid. icon_wink.gif

I have that double heart cookie cutter, have not used it yet though. I also have a heart insert that goes into my cheescake pan, wonder if I could bend it to make that shape??? I have never used it for anything else and would not be upset about bending it. icon_lol.gif

imagenthatnj Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 8:42pm
post #9 of 12

We are crazily looking for this pan... lol... and Leesa1973 the OP has not even answered if that's what she's looking for!

auntginn, we still don't know if that's what she wants. We only know that's what I want. Maybe we should wait for Leesa to tell us. She says she might have seen it at some point.

Leesa, where are you?

Leesa1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leesa1973 Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 4:29pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks to all for the help! This is the design I was looking for. I need it large enough a three-tier wedding cake to serve 150-200.

And to the one wanting to know where I was...at my full-time job working and then spending 10 hours in the evening on a large cake order making MONEY!

imagenthatnj Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 4:42pm
post #11 of 12

Yikes! Leesa1973 I hear you about the full time job... I spent the last two weeks working about 16 hours a day on my full time job. Coming back to the CC forums every few minutes was my only out!

Back to the heart pans, you might have to carve it with a template.

auntginn Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 5:58pm
post #12 of 12

Thumbs up to you Leesa!! Its tough to hold down 2 jobs. Good luck, sorry we couldn't be more helpful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%