Cake Pops

Decorating By lilbitacake Updated 24 Sep 2010 , 3:27pm by imagenthatnj

lilbitacake Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 6

I was woundering instead of dipping the cake pops in melted candy, as i have seen on the internet, can you cover it in fondant and then put the stick in the cake pop and let dry. Any help or ideas would be gladly welcome.

5 replies
imagenthatnj Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 6

Wouldn't that be a lot of work?

If you don't like the melted candy, maybe you could use pourable fondant (liquid fondant) and still dip them.

Julie53 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 6

I agree a poured fondant might be better. I don't think you will get the look that you might want with rolled fondant. And it will be a lot more work... Is there a reason why you don't want to use chocolate?

lilbitacake Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 6

It was just an idea and it would give it more of a cake instead of a candy. I will try to find the pour fondant. Any suggests of where to find it at.

imagenthatnj Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 6

It's just melted fondant.

Peggy Porschen adds some other ingredients. As soon as I find my books I'll PM you and give you the recipe. Or, maybe look here:

I'll check later to see if it matches the one in the book. That's how petit fours are covered, and yes, those are tiny cakes. I understand you're wanting to give them more of a cake taste.

imagenthatnj Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:27pm
post #6 of 6

And, on this video, at around 2:18, she starts using it. Sometimes it's easier to check it out on video.

Quote by @%username% on %date%