Question For Established Cake Businesses???...

Business By Mikel79 Updated 2 Oct 2010 , 2:34pm by momma28

Mikel79 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Cakers!

One day I plan on opening my own little cake place. Here in my area a "Cooler" is needed for cakes.

I posted this in a different forum earlier this week. I am kicking myself because I should have posted here. If you are re-reading this, I am sorry. I would really like input from more business owners.

With cakes going in a fridge, they tend to dry out faster. How is this different from coolers? In addition, the changing temp. also tends to cause cake bubbles under icing. How do you handle this as well??

Thank you for the others who replied originally to my other post!

3 replies
Mikel79 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 12:57pm
post #2 of 4

littlesweetpea Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 4

We need to have ours refrigerated as well. My cakes are all done in buttercream, ganache, or cream cheese, but I don't have a problem with air bubbles. I do let them set in the frig for 1/2hr, then I wrap them nicely in plastic wrap to put in the front cooler. Hope this helps!

momma28 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 4

I refrigerate all my cakes. They are never dry. I bake from scratch and use smbc. I also never get bubbles under my fondant. I hear about this alot but have never had it happen to me. I make my own mmf.

I know some people dont refrigerate their fondant covered cakes but I do. Even the hand painted ones, even the black on white ones. I never have any problems with them as they come out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%