Cupcake Hallowee Party

Baking By CandyLady Updated 25 Sep 2010 , 6:07pm by CandyLady

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:07pm
post #1 of 25

mom having combined birthday party for her 3 children but making it a Halloween Party...Children are twin boys age 3 and girl age 4. She wants to order cupcakes from me and candy apples. Need to use Halloween theme but I would like to do something special for children seeing as it is their birthday party as well. Any ideas? thanks to all of you.

24 replies
Kahlua Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahlua Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:26pm
post #2 of 25

How about owls, black cats, happy/funny ghosts. I would just try and make anything look friendly. Maybe even pumpkins with crazy faces. I'm probably not much help we don't even really celebrate Halloween here!

MessMaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessMaker Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:38pm
post #3 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlua

How about owls, black cats, happy/funny ghosts. I would just try and make anything look friendly. Maybe even pumpkins with crazy faces. I'm probably not much help we don't even really celebrate Halloween here!

Along with your suggestion, you could make little figures and dress them in little costumes as though they're trick-or-treating. There is so much that you can do. Skulls and cross bones. Dead trees (made from grape stems), full moons.

What ever you choose please post a picture. Im just doing some ghost cupcakes and themed cookies, a 4 tier bday cake and a 2 tier Breast Cancer cake in the month of Oct.

SweetDreamsBoutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsBoutique Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 2:23pm
post #4 of 25

I would imagine with kids being 3 and 4 you wouldn't want anything TOO spooky. Pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns, spider webs, ghosts with funny faces. I was a little disappointed when I googled "halloween cupcakes". I found a few out of a cupcake book that might be cute. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Ugh! Can't upload pics...sorry. thumbsdown.gif

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 2:39pm
post #5 of 25

Last year for my daughter's preschool Halloween party, I made ghost cupcakes. I just iced them with a swirl of frosting, then stuck a Dum-Dum in each one, laid a circle of fondant over it, and piped on a face. They were really easy but got a great response. To personalize them for the birthday party, you could add party hats or have the ghosts holding balloons, gifts, etc.

Edited to add: For those not from around here, a Dum-Dum is a small, spherical lollipop.

SweetDreamsBoutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsBoutique Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffronica

Last year for my daughter's preschool Halloween party, I made ghost cupcakes. I just iced them with a swirl of frosting, then stuck a Dum-Dum in each one, laid a circle of fondant over it, and piped on a face. They were really easy but got a great response. To personalize them for the birthday party, you could add party hats or have the ghosts holding balloons, gifts, etc.

Edited to add: For those not from around here, a Dum-Dum is a small, spherical lollipop.

cute idea...i saw some similar ones and wasn't sure how they got the fondant to stay up!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 3:09pm
post #7 of 25

There are OOOOOODLES of ideas on the web for this.. just go to google images and type in halloween cakes or cupcakes.

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 3:38pm
post #8 of 25

Oreo cookie crumbs for dirt, pumpkins, there is a skeliton in the book Hello Cupcake! and some cute bug ones too.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 4:36pm
post #9 of 25

I made these skull cupcakes many years ago for a haunted hayride. The kids loved them.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1810897

CandyLady Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 11:58am
post #10 of 25

thanks for all the ideas but I meant in addition to cupcakes/apples I wanted to do something SPECIAL to acknowledge their birthdays. How could I incorporate something in addition to cupcakes and apples? thanks again for all your wonderful ideas.

cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 12:07pm
post #11 of 25

Maybe small square/rectangle cakes that look like treat bags, and have their names on them? You could do them in their favourite colours, even have some of their fave candy spilling out (I picture them on their sides as opposed to standing)

CandyLady Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 12:14pm
post #12 of 25

now that's a cute idea.

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 12:14pm
post #13 of 25

I did one a couple years ago for 5 year olds. I made pumpkin cupcakes and chocolate cupcake with chocolate icing. Added cookie crumbs and gummie worms coming out of the cupcakes. The gummie worms was a hit. Most of the pumpkins were left. They seemed to like the silly stuff that they could relate to.

cakecraft Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 12:24pm
post #14 of 25

Thanks! Glad to help icon_smile.gif

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 12:35pm
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecraft

Maybe small square/rectangle cakes that look like treat bags, and have their names on them? You could do them in their favourite colours, even have some of their fave candy spilling out (I picture them on their sides as opposed to standing)

What a great idea!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 12:53pm
post #16 of 25

perhaps cake balls dipped in orange chocolate (like mini pumpkins)
with little faces on them

Cookies in the shapes of bats?...coloured purple if you didn't want to do black.

Cookies in th eshape of whitches hats.

Cookies in the shape of a cat - decorated black - or orange.

Black lolly bags with white texa drawn on them in the shape of cobwebs.

Merigues in the shape of ghosts look so cute - and not scarey for little ones.

Large marshmallows on little sticks with eyes - to resemble ghosts.

Cookies in the shape of a half moon - or full moon.

Bluehue

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 1:08pm
post #17 of 25

I was thinking Jack-O-Lanterns with party hats on top and those party blow-outs sticking out of their mouths?

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:33pm
post #19 of 25

How about putting a lollipop stick in a marshmallow and dipping in orange tinted white chocolate. Then decorated it to look like a jack o latern or roll in halloween sprinkles.

cakecraft Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 4:16pm
post #20 of 25
Quote:

Just checked out the Debbie Brown little monsters, I am SO doing those for my son's kindergarten class. Thanks for posting!

CandyLady Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 4:18pm
post #21 of 25

I love them too...have not had a chance to look through them as I am at work but love the big fluffy ones...have not figured out what is underneath.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 4:19pm
post #22 of 25

Monsters wearing Birthday Party hats!
Birthday candles in the top of a jack o'lantern.

CandyLady Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 10:21pm
post #23 of 25

imagenthatnj: what are the little monsters made from> some others have directrions but not that one...do you have the book? thanks...Pat

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 10:24pm
post #24 of 25

They're made of cake.

When you go to the link I posted, you are supposed to go straight into the page of that book, that Google Books has a preview (lucikly). Let me know if you can't see the page. Instructions are there.

http://books.google.com/books?id=gE3kmznKCGgC&pg=PA82&lpg=PA82&dq=mini+cake+monsters+debbie+brown&source=bl&ots=Rjqyg5Itnb&sig=B6S-yxnXdwOy_kqTEhmIPrnpFOs&hl=en&ei=xKScTNOfLoGClAee1byBCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q&f=false

CandyLady Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 6:07pm
post #25 of 25

you are the best and thanks! I do appreciate it...they are the cutest little monsters...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%