Golf Cake - Help!!!

Decorating By LeanLioness Updated 23 Sep 2010 , 3:14pm by LeanLioness

LeanLioness Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 6:10am
post #1 of 7

I am doing a Golf themed cake for a co-workers birthday. I have it iced and the icing is too soft so I can't make the indentions. I am leaving it sit over night and will see if it has "set" overnight.

My kitchen was hot due to baking earlier in the evening...........

How do I go about making the indentions on the ball????

This cake looks horrid. I hadn't done any decorating in over 2 years.......boy am I rusty!!! thumbsdown.gif

6 replies
LeanLioness Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 6:13am
post #2 of 7

Here is the cake so far............

God it just sucks!!!

weezercakes Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 6:19am
post #3 of 7

There still is no picture of the cake, but the only thing I can think of to get the indentations on the ball would to be cover it in fondant let it set up a little than take a rounded too and put the indents in it, I don't know? Would have to see a pic. first before I can help. Not that I am all that seasoned at decorating.

bakingpw Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:00pm
post #4 of 7

From your post, I'm assuming you are using buttercream. I've done this many times. Just let the buttercream set up in the fridge. Then, take a dowel and press down to create the indentations!

Kahlua Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:07pm
post #5 of 7

I used fondant and a ball tool to make the golf ball in my photos.

LeanLioness Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 7

I let it sit on the counter overnight and has a nice crust on it this morning........

I made the indentions with the rounded tip of the silicone tip covers I had bought the other day and worked pretty good............

Let me see if it will let me post the pic now.

LeanLioness Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 3:14pm
post #7 of 7

It is not letting me put the picture in the post..............Says it is adding it, but its not.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%