Bridal Shower Cake W/"vintage" Flowers?

Decorating By KJ62798 Updated 7 Oct 2010 , 1:41am by KJ62798

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 9:03pm
post #31 of 39

All those cakes are super cute but WAY outrageous for price--how do they justify that?

We have a ton of people here on CC who do work that is comparable or better who can't or wouldn't charge $20/serving.

My pink dahlia cake is filled & frosted w/Belgian dark chocolate ganache. I sent it to work w/my hubby so his barely civilized co-workers could could inhale it (& I wouldn't). Did I send them a $200 cake?

Kristy

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 9:14pm
post #32 of 39

You did send them a $200 cake if you go by those prices. It's crazy. As I said before, one of these days I hope I get to try one of them for free, but I don't think I'll be wowed to justify the price. And the designs are cute, but I've seen unbelievable stuff here at CC.

Last week we had to stay at work really late and there was a large pizza box on a corner, I went to open it because I thought it was pizza, lol, and I found the tiniest, tiniest cupcakes. They were delicious and I could pop them in my mouth really fast because they had no liner. I ate a dozen in no time. I had had mini cupcakes, but these were micro cupcakes. I checked the box to come look for them on the internet. They were 70 cents a piece!! Minimum order 100. Thank goodness someone else paid for them. There were 200 of them lined up in neat rows in the pizza box.

www.bakedbymelissa.com

I still don't know how they bake them that tiny!

Now we're really off topic here!

kakedreamer1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedreamer1212 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 9:24pm
post #33 of 39

daltonam...I am so glad I came across this thread, I came across her blog..(jessicakes) a while back while surfing the web and then lost it. I've been searching for it for weeks now so I couldn't believe it when I just saw you post it. Thank you so much. Her work is great!

mimi1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi1218 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 9:44pm
post #34 of 39

I love the anemone. It looks great standing alone and can definitely be made to look vintage! Good luck with your friend's cake. I am sure she'll love it!

KJ62798 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 7:53pm
post #35 of 39

THANK YOU! Thank You! THANK YOU my CC friends!

The vintage flower cake is DONE and I will be delivering it to my friend later today. I could not have done it without your help, ideas and AWatterson's tutorial for the dahlia flower.

Here it is:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1826076.html

Kristy

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 9:52pm
post #36 of 39

You did it! It looks amazing. And I see that it just made the Most Saved of the Day.

Congratulations. Your friend should be very, very happy!

KJ62798 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 10:11pm
post #37 of 39

Thanks! I'm feeling like a rock-star--this cake keeps moving up the list on the "most saved" scroll. icon_biggrin.gif

Winnie_in_Wi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Winnie_in_Wi Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 10:20pm
post #38 of 39

cake looks great, I love the color combo and the flower.

Would you post a link for the tutorial on the flower? I think I'm gonna tackled a cake tomorrow and would like to make a big flower.

Thanks

KJ62798 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 1:41am
post #39 of 39

Here's the link to the tutorial:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1810888.html

Kristy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%