Help! My Cupcakes Looks Like Bread Inside

Baking By beamom Updated 24 Sep 2010 , 4:10am by beamom

beamom Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:13am
post #1 of 6

Please oh please help.icon_cry.gif

I baked cupcakes that are great in taste, moisture, beautiful dome with a perfect brown shade. But my cupcakes text is like bread. It's like a sponge that soft and chewy. What did I do wrong. This is what I placed inside .

4 eggs
3/4 oil
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups of all purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
3/4 salt
3 tablespoon of flavor

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

5 replies
60sBunny Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 9:39am
post #2 of 6

Hi Beamon

You dont list any sugar. I assume its in there, but if its not, that would be a big problem.

It seems like a lot of eggs for me too. That might lead you to a heavier doughy texture.

LindaF144a Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:17pm
post #3 of 6

How did you prepare the batter too. Depending on how you made it, you will get different textures.

beamom Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 6

I forgot to mention the sugar. I used 13/4 sugar. I mixed the eggs, oil and water in a bowl and sifted the dry items and placed them in the bowl. and as a result the cupcake on the outside is beatuiful even the taste, but inside it's like a big yellow sponge.

LindaF144a Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 12:36am
post #5 of 6

You used what is called the muffin method to mix your batter. Yes, it works and your recipe probably had you do it that way, but you get the results you got and not what you want. I would suggest using the creaming method. If you google creaming method for cakes yuo will find how to do that.

beamom Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 4:10am
post #6 of 6

your so right. I no longer have the sponge texture. Thanks so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%