Advice Starting A New Baking Blog?

Lounge By ConfectionaryBliss Updated 23 Sep 2010 , 12:29am by costumeczar

ConfectionaryBliss Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 4

Hello,
I'm helping my wife set up a blog (called Confectionary Bliss at http://www.confectionarybliss.com) for her home baking she's done for friends and family. So far we just have about 15 posts or so showing off some of the things she's done and my wife talked about the process that went into making everything. I've been trying to figure out how to get our blog listed on search engines and whatnot. Does anyone have advice or suggestions from past experience as to the best way to help establish an online "reputation" so you can picked up by search engines and whatnot? Are there any baking or blogging sites I can submit the URL to where they'll post a link back to it?

Thanks!

3 replies
jason_kraft Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:03am
post #2 of 4
ConfectionaryBliss Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:11am
post #3 of 4

great idea with facebook...of course we've posted links to it on our facebook accounts and our family has shared those links, but adding an actual facebook page for it is a great thought. thanks!

costumeczar Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:29am
post #4 of 4

Use pingomatic.com to feed your blog to search engines, and you can go to twitterfeed.com to feed updates automatically to your twitter account. You can also use networkedblogs.com to have it automatically post on your facebook page.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%