What Tip???

Baking By mar0 Updated 24 Sep 2010 , 12:00am by luvbuttercream

mar0 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 9

I want to make cupcakes that look like the ones below. I'm assuming its some big, open tip but I'm just not sure which one. I can't use my coupler b/c it has the line on the side that leaves the indentation...Any ideas???



8 replies
bakencake Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 9

put tape on the line on the side. you got a big tip thumbs_up.gif

LindaF144a Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 9

It probably has to do also with which frosting and the consistency. I'm guessing the first one is some kind of marshmallow based frosting. At least it looks like one I saw that talked about some kind of smore cupcake.

sadsmile Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 9

Soft meringue butter creams pipe like that if you hold the tip still straight down and then stop pressure and pull the tip away for the Hershey's kiss peak.

helsbels Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 9

Just cut a hole in a disposable bag then you can have any size round you like without using a tip. icon_smile.gif

Susie53 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 9:30pm
post #6 of 9

I'm thinking they used one of the larger Ateco round tips...#807, 808, or 809....but not sure.

mar0 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 7:04pm
post #7 of 9

thanks you guys!!! thumbs_up.gif

cakeythings1961 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 11:35pm
post #8 of 9

I agree with all the above suggestions.

But I wouldn't put an M&M on the icing, as depicted in your second picture...............looks too much like a certain part of a woman's anatomy!!! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

Maybe it's just me! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

luvbuttercream Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 12:00am
post #9 of 9

You could also use a Wilton 1A tip.

Quote by @%username% on %date%