Need Ideas On How To Display Cake Pops On Dessert Table?

Decorating By kileyscakes Updated 22 Sep 2010 , 9:45pm by jsc2010

kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 7

I was wondering what some of you do to display cake pops, I was thinking of adding these to my menu for clients to purchase, but really don't know a good cheap way to do this.
Thanks
Kiley

6 replies
JoneaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoneaG Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 7

I think it would be cute to put them in a basket or a vase like a bouquet of flowers....

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 7

You can always cover styrofoam squares or half domes with pretty paper, moss, etc. and stick the pops in the foam so they're standing up.

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 9:21pm
post #4 of 7

http://cakepopstand.com/default.php

Saw this site in another post. I thought the stands were pretty neat, but I was thinking about making one myself. Thought I could just drill holes in a piece of wood and then paint and varnish it, or leave it natural and varnish it. I made 2 cupcake stands and have found I am pretty good with the band saw icon_lol.gif , so may have to give it a try. HTH

cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 9:32pm
post #5 of 7

I agree with HobbyCaker...picture a cribbage board! You could cut wood to any shape/size, and drill the proper sized holes in it. It could have little legs, or just stay flat if it was thick enough....imagine a 4" high wooden block, painted white with a beautiful ribbon glued around the centre, in colours to match your cake pops! Or black with orange ribbon for halloween pops....And, you could drill the holes to form a pattern (say, all around the perimeter, leaving room in the centre for flowers or a 4" cake) or just drill rows. Endless possibilities if you have basic power tools!

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 9:39pm
post #6 of 7

oooohhhhh, cakecraft, I just built the one you described in my head, I can't wait to get into the shop and play!!!

jsc2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsc2010 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 9:45pm
post #7 of 7

I have done these many times. They are a huge hit!!!! I buy cheap metal containers at craft stores, spray paint them to match. Fill container with syrofoam and cover with craft grass. I use various size sucker sticks and arrange like a flower arrangement. I place a bow around the outside. They can be top heavy so you can try and put some weight in the bottom. Don't use a shallow container. You can check out my pics to see some of them. Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%